Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Now Spain wants a piece of the action over Gibraltar - no deal it is then

Thing is, the Provisionals knew they didn't HAVE to win, they merely had to be enough of a thorn in the side of the British govt, so that the general British public got fed up enough that public sentiment moved from "hang the bastards" to "why the fuck aren't we solving this?". Looked at from that perspective, it worked.

The Sad thing was the Britsh wanted to solve the problem in the early 70's Sunningdale Agreement - Wikipedia
The 1998 Good Friday Agreement (GFA), on which the current system of Northern Irish devolution is based, closely resembles the Sunningdale Agreement.[5] The Good Friday Agreement has famously been described by Séamus Mallon as 'Sunningdale for slow learners'.

the prod stupid bastards that they are are directly responsbile for another 1500 deaths for dragging the whole thing out for another 20 years:mad:. although certain members of pira wanted to keep the "war" going as well failing to understand that they rarely made it past any other business and more than one Army officer considered Northern Ireland a valuable training resource:hmm::facepalm:

The Sad thing was the Britsh wanted to solve the problem in the early 70's Sunningdale Agreement - Wikipedia
The 1998 Good Friday Agreement (GFA), on which the current system of Northern Irish devolution is based, closely resembles the Sunningdale Agreement.[5] The Good Friday Agreement has famously been described by Séamus Mallon as 'Sunningdale for slow learners'.

the prod stupid bastards that they are are directly responsbile for another 1500 deaths for dragging the whole thing out for another 20 years:mad:. although certain members of pira wanted to keep the "war" going as well failing to understand that they rarely made it past any other business and more than one Army officer considered Northern Ireland a valuable training resource:hmm::facepalm:
always fighting the last war, the army

Problem with Sunningdale was that it would have meant Unionist domination for at least the immediate future, with no guarantees that the Unionist majority wouldn't have gerrymandered constituencies to reinforce that majority. Good Friday did at least partially solve that problem.

Problem with Sunningdale was that it would have meant Unionist domination for at least the immediate future, with no guarantees that the Unionist majority wouldn't have gerrymandered constituencies to reinforce that majority. Good Friday did at least partially solve that problem.

It wasn't even given a chance as the Unionist fuckwits revolted always wondered who or what the loyalists are actually loyal too :hmm:.
I still think selling the place to argentina needs looking to as an option:D.
I quite like the southern irish they dont deserve to be lumbered with the idiots.

It wasn't even given a chance as the Unionist fuckwits revolted always wondered who or what the loyalists are actually loyal too :hmm:.
I quite like the southern irish they dont deserve to be lumbered with the idiots.

I've got friends from the six counties, and friends in the Republic. By and large they're good folk living - still - with a shitty man-made situation that could have been resolved over 100 yrs ago, except for imperial arrogance and greed.

I've got friends from the six counties, and friends in the Republic. By and large they're good folk living - still - with a shitty man-made situation that could have been resolved over 100 yrs ago, except for imperial arrogance and greed.
Edward Carson - Wikipedia although this barstard deserves some of the blame he did live long enough to see his ideas were a disaster think its the only time people have taken up arms to resist moves to independence:hmm:

Lol....who are the "Southern Irish"?
I've lived in Eire all my life and never met one....:D

Back
Top Bottom