Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Steven Gerrard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frank Lampard

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
Listening to talksport currently and their a lot of unhappy England fans that dont want a German manager
Oh no, a BOCHE. FFS. My team is managed by a German (which Carlton Palmer seems to have forgotten, he's another one who's mad about Tuchel) and he kept us up. If Tuchel, trainwreck though he has, can do a job with England, who the fuck cares.

You'd think with all the clubs in England and what with it being the 'home of football' blah blah blah, they could at least manage to get an English manager for the national team, not that I care I jot.

Can't wait for the conspiracy theories when England next lose to Germany, though 🤣

You'd think with all the clubs in England and what with it being the 'home of football' blah blah blah, they could at least manage to get an English manager for the national team, not that I care I jot.

Can't wait for the conspiracy theories when England next lose to Germany, though 🤣
Who though? Eddie Howe isn't leaving Newcastle, the other English managers in the EPL Sean Dyche and Gary O'Neil clearly arent up to scratch. The unemployed, resting between jobs, type candidates are Frank Lampard and Graham Potter . Only the latter would be a serious candidate . They could have kept Carsley imo however to turn down a coach like Tuchel would have been barmy, he wouldn't have been available for long.

Last edited:
Funnily enough I don't remember the Daily Heil, or certain football pundits complaining about the trophy-winning England Women football team being managed by a foreigner. But I guess Sarina Wiegman is not 'a GERMAN', so all is forgiven.

I didn't even think about the fact he was German. non-English players and managers have been so standard and commonplace for decades now in football.

it's a funny one, though. when you think about international football - which I care very little about - what is it about? 'us lot from this block of ground are better than you lot over there'. so with that in mind, kinda does make sense that everyone involved would be from the same block of ground, otherwise what's the point... in international rugby now you can basically play for who you want if you have played in that country for a few years (something like that), which while I am on board with on a human level, does seem to start defeat the point of international competition.

I didn't even think about the fact he was German. non-English players and managers have been so standard and commonplace for decades now in football.

it's a funny one, though. when you think about international football - which I care very little about - what is it about? 'us lot from this block of ground are better than you lot over there'. so with that in mind, kinda does make sense that everyone involved would be from the same block of ground, otherwise what's the point... in international rugby now you can basically play for who you want if you have played in that country for a few years (something like that), which while I am on board with on a human level, does seem to start defeat the point of international competition.

I do sort of agree with this. If the players have to be English, the manager should be too. But I'm not that bothered especially if it means England finally win something. But that isn't what the mail and right wing twitter are moaning about. It's because he's German. There wasn't this sort of moaning when Sven or Capello got the job.

The England cricket team has a manager from NZ and is currently the envy of the cricketing world. I don't actually recall any question marks raised over his nationality. The rugby team often has a foreign manager and eyebrows aren't raised. I assume this malarkey is just because he's a German...

Yes obviously the Mail headline is a disgrace and ridiculous. But it’s an interesting one to think about aside from the bollocks. I guess we’ve just decided the manager doesn’t matter, which is fair enough.

The Sun's one is pretty impressive too...

3425.jpg

Anthony Barry in as his assistant played for us years back. Not a stellar career on pitch but good coach since by all accounts.

Did the Daily mail do this when Erkinson , Capello or even Weigman or even when then England rugby team appointed an Australian?
No. It's fucking unacceptable at any time in recent history (or ever, actually), but it is particuarly more nauseating in 2024, even for reactionary cunts like the Mail. Almost like the sports section editor yesterday was suddenly possessed by the spirit of their 1940s counterpart.

I'm almost more pissed off about the fact that I only found out about this from the daily jokey football Guardian email Football Daily (formerly The Fiver), and it has so far received very little exposure from main media publications/ broadcasters, or politicians for that matter. This is fucking shocking Germanophobic bigoted bullshit and totally unacceptable from any source, and far less so from the biggest selling newspaper in the country. It should be called out by media and politicians alike, ffs. The fucking neanderthal cunts :mad:

Who though? Eddie Howe isn't leaving Newcastle, the other English managers in the EPL Sean Dyche and Gary O'Neil clearly arent up to scratch. The unemployed, resting between jobs, type candidates are Frank Lampard and Graham Potter . Only the latter would be a serious candidate . They could have kept Carsley imo however to turn down a coach like Tuchel would have been barmy, he wouldn't have been available for long.

No love for Big Sam or Colin ?

I do sort of agree with this. If the players have to be English, the manager should be too. But I'm not that bothered especially if it means England finally win something. But that isn't what the mail and right wing twitter are moaning about. It's because he's German. There wasn't this sort of moaning when Sven or Capello got the job.
Did you read the article?

Has nobody learned from the take the money and run attitude of Sven Goran Erikkson and Fabio Capello?

Back
Top Bottom