Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nadine Dorries: Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport

"Dorries claims she is 'working daily' on behalf of her constituents as calls for her resignation continue

Nadine Dorries has said she is “working daily” on behalf of her constituents. She made the comment in a statement she released to the News Agents podcast, in response to repeated claims, including from within her own party, that she should resign because she is neglecting her duty as an MP.

The controversy has been rumbling on for weeks now, and generally Dorries has not been responding to complaints about her record, or questions from the media. She has not addressed the issue in her Daily Mail column and, even though at one point she was a hyper-active user of Twitter, her recent activity on the platform has been very limited, and more focused on hedgehogs.

But Dorries told the News Agents she has not given up on her work as an MP. In the statement she said:

'Myself and my team of four caseworkers are working daily with constituents. I understand that political opponents, such as Labour-run Flitwick town council, are choosing the summer and news hungry outlets in the summer recess to be noticed. However we are just getting on with the work.'"
I think her constituents may beg to differ

I expect she will resign to have maximum impact on the tory conference.

ETA and a book launch!
What, the 'I've been hard done by because no peerage and now you all have to suffer'?

...maybe. Who knows? Depends on how pissed she is at the time perhaps.

Finally...

Obviously it's an ideological difference, but what's the different between a Zombi Govt and a Zombie MP? She's done fuck all for months, so what's her beef?

She could have had a backbench career like Ann Widdecombe. Instead she became Sarah Palin.

:D at "I am grateful for your personal phone call on the morning you appointed your cabinet in October, even if I declined to take the call."

but wow, does she put the boot in!

Levelling up has been discarded and with it, those deprived communities it sought to serve. Social care, ready to be launched, abandoned along with the hope of all of those who care for the elderly and the vulnerable. The Online Safety Bill has been watered down. BBC funding reform, the clock run down. The Mental Health Act, timed out. Defence spending, reduced. Our commitment to net zero, animal welfare and the green issues so relevant to the planet and voters under 40, squandered. As Lord Goldsmith wrote in his own resignation letter, because you simply do not care about the environment or the natural world. What exactly is it you do stand for?

Just too late for the by election to be held before Tory party conference, sadly. But it should start the new parliamentary session off amusingly.

It was published in a pay for Mailplus piece, however here's an archived version:

In full: Nadine Dorries's resignation letter

It became clear to me as I worked that remaining as a back bencher was incompatible with publishing a book which exposes how the democratic process at the heart of our party has been corrupted.

hmm a book with a plucky middle ages working class mp who bonks here way around the house of parliament whilst uncovering the dark forces that took down britains greatest post war pm Joris Bojnson

The entirety of my bank account (97p) that on Monday she releases either a 'that was merely a draft' or 'further to my letter I released on Satuday, there have been developments, and I must remain in position until I have thoroughly investigated these matters' type press release on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom