Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

May's Cabinet

Boris Johnson will insult an important foreign dignitary whom we need on our side and within weeks we could be at war again.

For the Guardian, this is quite funny...

Johnson’s appointment represents a glittering promotion for him - but perhaps a demotion for the Foreign Office. Superficially it is an odd appointment, because it won’t take long to compile quite a long list of countries and foreign leaders Johnson has offended in the past, but he likes to be liked and he may forge good relations with his counterparts. But the new arrangements also suggest the Foreign Office is being downsized. It used to be in charge of aid, but under Labour it lost that to DfID. Now it is losing Brexit (to Davis’s department) and international trade (to Fox’s department). What’s left for Johnson? Forrero Rocher?(sic)
Shame about the sp.

CnRQAxDWcAE7FFj.jpg

Uh, isn't the whole point of the EU that member states don't make individual trade deals? It's a UK-EU deal he'll be negotiating.

Johnson as Foreign Secretary, at a time when relations with Russia are at an all time low, through the looking glass stuff, what is May playing at?

Just trying to catch up. The only positive thing to think of is a Brexit campaigner has been given the job of extracting us from Europe. When it goes all tits up, he won't be able to point his finger at others.

Just trying to catch up. The only positive thing to think of is a Brexit campaigner has been given the job of extracting us from Europe. When it goes all tits up, he won't be able to point his finger at others.
Was David Davis appointed in the knowledge he would fuck it up?

I gave up almost all hope when I heard that May had chosen a hymn as one of her tunes on desert island discs. The tiny bit of hope I had left disappeared when BoJo was offered a job Regardless of whether he will have much influence or not it shows that things continue unchanged.

Odd that we're leaving the EU, but have suddenly acquired our first Christian Democrat Prime-Minister

Back
Top Bottom