Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Massive worldwide IT outage, hitting banks, airlines, supermarkets, broadcasters, etc. [19th July 2024]

cupid_stunt

Chief seagull hater & farmerbarleymow's nemesis.
Breaking news, it's causing absolute chaos across the world, including problems at the London Stock Exchange, and taking Sky News off air since 6am this morning.

There have been reports of computers running on Microsoft Windows having crashed worldwide, with users saying their computers were displaying a blue screen of death (BSOD).

The Wall Street Journal tweeted that Microsoft was reporting a service outage for its Microsoft 365 apps and services, affecting businesses and users across the world.

Windows computers are reportedly showing BSOD errors across various different sectors, including supermarkets, banks and broadcasters.

Reports of outages have been made online via the Downdetector website, showing issues with Microsoft 365 services.

The issue is reported to be linked to an update by cybersecurity company CrowdStrike.

CrowdStrike says its “engineering teams are actively working to resolve this issue”.

Sky say ‘Crowdstrike’ has gone down.

BBC Live reporting here - Mass worldwide IT outage affects airlines, media and banks

Train companies affected in UK

A major train company has warned passengers to expect disruption as it is suffering "widespread IT issues".

All four of Govia Thameslink Railway's brands - Southern, Thameslink, Gatwick Express and Great Northern - posted on social media: "We are currently experiencing widespread IT issues across our entire network.

Blimey!

US airlines issue global ground stop on all flights​

United, Delta and American Airlines - which are all based in the United States - have issued a "global ground stop" on all of their flights.

Flights that are currently airborne will continue, but no further flights will take off for now.

It seems to be getting worst, as more reports come in.

So an anti x vendor has rolled out a buggy signature file or similar. Presumably making the agent crash causing the BSOD.
At a guess.
I’ve not looked at the architecture of those types of products for some time.
I’ve been to dinner with George Kurtz(Ceo and founder) . They were trying to sell us an early iteration of crowdstrike. It’s times like this that makes me still wish I had LinkedIn.

My brother whatsapp'd me about this, joking it was north korea. I had no idea what he was talking about. The office365 emails and apps are working normally at my work (i read office365 was one of the things not working).
Not noticed anything not working here yet. Is it another botched update from microsoft?

Back
Top Bottom