Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 vanishes without trace

Reports coming from Australia suggest that the search of the first high priority area has already been completed with no apparent sign of remains of the aircraft in the initial data. This appears to be the region ‘East1’ highlighted on the map on the previous page. The other extended areas, either side of the seventh arc, remain to be searched, probably starting with West1 first. CSIRO have cautioned that the data gathered thus far needs a thorough analysis to fully rule out the area concerned.

I can understand why the Malaysian government would be reluctant to come to this conclusion but why the Chinese? Was the pilot Chinese Malay or is there some other reason?

I can understand why the Malaysian government would be reluctant to come to this conclusion but why the Chinese? Was the pilot Chinese Malay or is there some other reason?
Think my "they" is causing confusion, meant investigators not Chinese authorities or anyone, read the story on what passes for an independent news site here.

Ohhhh, the tinfoil hatters are going to be all over this... :D :D
The most likely explanation for this probably goes something like this.
Day 4
Crewman A: The transponder is off!
Crewman B: What how?
Crewman A: Shit! I wonder if I leaned on the button when I nodded off couple of days ago
Crewman B: Quick switch it on and deny everything
Captain: The logs say the transponder was off anyone got any ideas?
A & B: No Sir not us.

The new Malaysian government has brought the current private search to an end and may well not resume it next year (when weather would favour the next search season). Ocean Infinity searched an additional seafloor area of some 112000 sq km, almost doubling the seabed searched since the original detailed survey. Statement by Ocean Infinity here.

Maybe the Bermuda Triangle moved, I mean have we heard of any mysterious plane or boat disappearances off the Florida coast recently, I haven't, for years. I think we should rescind the name 'Bermuda Triangle'. Although we're not sure where exactly the new one needs to be located, where MH370 went off comms, or where the Immarsat pings ended which still doesn't explain how it got there. Much to consider.

Final report stating not suicide - so what now....?

Flight MH370 report: 'unlawful interference by third party' not ruled out

The role of the pilot was dismissed by the report. Kok said his investigators looked meticulously into the background and found nothing to raise suspicion. “We have examined the pilot and the first officer and we are quite satisfied with their background, with their training, with their mental health,” he said. “We are not of the opinion that it could have been an event committed by the pilot.”

Final report stating not suicide - so what now....?

Flight MH370 report: 'unlawful interference by third party' not ruled out

The role of the pilot was dismissed by the report. Kok said his investigators looked meticulously into the background and found nothing to raise suspicion. “We have examined the pilot and the first officer and we are quite satisfied with their background, with their training, with their mental health,” he said. “We are not of the opinion that it could have been an event committed by the pilot.”
It’s a Malaysian government report “not the final report” - the chief Malaysian investigator said: “In conclusion, the team is unable to determine the real cause for the disappearance of MH370”.

They emphasise only that it was under manual control and deliberately flown out over the Indian Ocean. They essentially hint that they can’t resolve anything further without (eg) the ATSB finding substantial portions of debris, bodies and/or flight recorders: “The answer can only be conclusive if the wreckage is found ... as far as our team is concerned, we have done our job ... We do not deal with search. Search is not our area. You have to ask the people responsible for the search. I can only answer your question relating to the investigation”.

Last edited:
It’s a Malaysian government report “not the final report” - the chief Malaysian investigator said: “In conclusion, the team is unable to determine the real cause for the disappearance of MH370.”

They emphasise only that it was under manual control and deliberately flown out over the Indian Ocean. They essentially hint that they can’t resolve anything further without (eg) the ATSB finding substantial portions of debris, bodies and/or flight recorders: “The answer can only be conclusive if the wreckage is found ... as far as our team is concerned, we have done our job ... We do not deal with search. Search is not our area. You have to ask the people responsible for the search. I can only answer your question relating to the investigation”.

Well yeah, bit of a dust of, but they have said they have disproved the suicide theories. When they mention it was under manual control when it turned, I had read, (a few weeks after the event), they could tell that that command in the cockpit was carried out by a laptop being plugged in to the port in-between the pilot and co-pilot....

Well yeah, bit of a dust of, but they have said they have disproved the suicide theories. When they mention it was under manual control when it turned, I had read, (a few weeks after the event), they could tell that that command in the cockpit was carried out by a laptop being plugged in....
:hmm:
You’ll be posting the link to an official source stating that then? Not one use of the word ‘laptop’ in the report.

They haven’t actually disproved anything about any of the pilots’ intents. That would require the CVR/FDR/QAR (or witnesses). They’ve simply hypothesised.

:hmm:
You’ll be posting the link to an official source stating that then? Not one use of the word ‘laptop’ in the report.

I didn't mention it was in 'that' report....I said I remember reading that a few weeks after the event...can't be digging around t'internet for it now, but I might try and retrieve it later...depends how well the search goes...;)

The depressurisation theory would be my favoured guess, but still doesnt explain veering off course.

All speculation of course. It is very worrying how an airliner can just go missing in this day and age.

Just to move this here and continue...
Potentially game-changing new development in the search for Malaysia Airlines MH370...

Godfrey has now published his first full analysis of the route. He suggests that the WSPRnet data point to the crash location as being within 40 nm of 33.177°S 95.300°E. This is at, and just beyond, the far northern end of the previous underwater search zones, just east of the 7th arc.
GDTAA WSPRnet analysis - 8th March 2014 00:20:24 UTC - MH370 9M-MRO crash position. WSPR links 8th March 2014 00:20:24 UTC - MH370 9M-MRO crash position.

The whole world would love to know what happened on that flight of course. But if the black boxes are ruined beyond repair after all these years and no data can be recovered, are we likely to learn anything useful if we eventually locate the wreckage?

I guess it would still bring a degree of closure to the families of the victims though.

The whole world would love to know what happened on that flight of course. But if the black boxes are ruined beyond repair after all these years and no data can be recovered, are we likely to learn anything useful if we eventually locate the wreckage?

I guess it would still bring a degree of closure to the families of the victims though.
I think if you were missing a relative, you would want to know.

I think if you were missing a relative, you would want to know.
I fully agree, but I guess I have become more cynical over time because if the only thing as stake at the present time was providing closure to the families and there was nothing else to be gained, I reckon the powers that be would pull the plug on any new search expeditions, certainly if they had to dig into their pockets to finance it.

Back
Top Bottom