Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

United Airlines violently drag passenger off overbooked flight

More US airlines shenanigans:

American Airlines says it has suspended an employee after video emerged of a heated exchange with a passenger who came to the defence of a crying woman holding a baby.

The commotion began Friday afternoon after an airline employee — according to Facebook user Surain Adyanthaya — "violently" took the woman's stroller, "hitting her with it and just missing her child."

American Airlines worker challenges passenger to 'hit me' in fight over stroller

For a country that prides itself in excellent customer service, the airline industry in the USA does seem to lag behind other industries in America, and indeed Europe.

Many years ago I went to Vancouver for a wedding and Air Canada went on strike. They told me American Airlines would be handling my flight back to London, which involved a daytime 12-hour stopover in New York, and that a daytime hotel room would be provided. When I arrived at Newark and asked at the AA desk if there would indeed be any rooms made available to rest and get changed, the woman behind the desk actually laughed at me and followed it up with 'Only men cheating on their wives ever ask for daytime hotels' :D

Another take on the American Airlines flight - it's all a bit he said/she said, but the customer isn't always right, especially not when you're dealing with first-class passengers threatening to punch service workers.

18056945_361637100904729_2394103839127271436_n.jpg

So, according to this account, a lone prarent with two kids in strollers was assisted in doing one of the most stressful things a line parent of two small kids can do how?

For a country that prides itself in excellent customer service, the airline industry in the USA does seem to lag behind other industries in America, and indeed Europe.

The customer service thing in the States is a myth though. Customer service for the ordinary bod has always been shoddy at best. I think the idea that the US offers great customer service has come about from the way that if you have the money you can get whatever you want near enough instantly.

So, according to this account, a lone prarent with two kids in strollers was assisted in doing one of the most stressful things a line parent of two small kids can do how?

No idea why she was even allowed on the plane with two strollers if there was no room for them. They should have just kicked Mr KnockYouFlat off the plane and put the folded-up strollers in his seat.

No idea why she was even allowed on the plane with two strollers if there was no room for them. They should have just kicked Mr KnockYouFlat off the plane and put the folded-up strollers in his seat.

Normally they take the stroller away from you before you get on the plane and put it in the hold. There should never be a stroller being pushed down the aisle unless it's being used in lieu of a wheelchair.

Normally they take the stroller away from you before you get on the plane and put it in the hold. There should never be a stroller being pushed down the aisle unless it's being used in lieu of a wheelchair.

Yep, all this shit should be sorted at the check in desk. Normally you get your buggies tagged and they go in the hold at the gate, to be returned at the arrival gate if you are lucky, at the reclaim belt if unlucky.

Generally parents of small kids are treated well as it is fucking stressful, so any lone parent with two small kids does need extra assistance, that was clearly lacking on this occasion. And regardless of what we didn't see, we did see the pilot having to hold back the staff member who was squaring up to a passenger. Regardless of what tobyjug would tell you, nowhere in the training manuals does it suggest a spot of pugalism is a way to defuse a situation.

I agree the staff member should have been a lot more passive aggressive with the first class twat, perhaps calmly explaining how passengers who prevent air crew carrying out their duties are sometimes banned from the airline for life, regardless of frequent flyer status.

pa, you promised ma you'd restrain your cursing. how embarrassed you were to be thrown out of a prison for foul language

and don't forget how you bowed and scraped to the district judge just the other week, in such a wheedling way, when you said you'd be more careful about your language lest you provoke a great brawl like you did outside lords with your effing and blinding.

This bit was interesting:

The most recent figures from the US Department of Transportation – dating from 2015 but released this February – show 35 animal deaths occurred during transit across 17 carriers in the US.

United accounted for 14 animal deaths in that period with a further nine reported injured among the nearly 100,000 animals carried by the company.

Seems like they are the worst company for sending animals on flights.

For animals, going as cargo is well stressful. 35 deaths out of 100,000 doesn't seem many, there are no figures as to how many die within 3 months of flying though. During my career well more than half of all dogs I've booked as cargo have been dead within 3 months of arrival. There's a reason why when race horses fly their trainers sit with them, stroking them etc.

For animals, going as cargo is well stressful. 35 deaths out of 100,000 doesn't seem many, there are no figures as to how many die within 3 months of flying though. During my career well more than half of all dogs I've booked as cargo have been dead within 3 months of arrival. There's a reason why when race horses fly their trainers sit with them, stroking them etc.
how many dogs have you booked as cargo?

how many dogs have you booked as cargo?

About 25. In my early days it was only people emigrating that took pets with them, after a few years I saw a pattern and started warning people, not booked any as cargo for over 15 years now. Recently more people take pets with them in the cabin; excluding UK flights, small dogs are OK in most cabins and larger ones are accepted with some carriers if designated 'emotional support pets', which is basically a blag to take your dog with you.

I also sent a parrot as cargo on American to New York, waste of money really, could've made its own way there.

About 25. In my early days it was only people emigrating that took pets with them, after a few years I saw a pattern and started warning people, not booked any as cargo for over 15 years now. Recently more people take pets with them in the cabin; excluding UK flights, small dogs are OK in most cabins and larger ones are accepted with some carriers if designated 'emotional support pets', which is basically a blag to take your dog with you.

I also sent a parrot as cargo on American to New York, waste of money really, could've made its own way there.
didn't know you were a travel agent :cool:

During my career well more than half of all dogs I've booked as cargo have been dead within 3 months of arrival.
Blimey. :eek:

I know of at least half a dozen people who've flown dogs in cargo in the last couple of years with no problems. A couple with Quantas, one KLM, and some BA.

Perhaps things are getting better?

My half witted brother spunked about £10K he didn't have taking a lardy Rottweiler to the dominican republic and back. there was no chance of it going in the cabin obvs.

My half witted brother spunked about £10K he didn't have taking a lardy Rottweiler to the dominican republic and back. there was no chance of it going in the cabin obvs.

Not flying from the UK, no, but in the US anything goes...

Emotional Support Pig

6095533_G.jpg

Back
Top Bottom