Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

United Airlines violently drag passenger off overbooked flight

Blimey. :eek:

I know of at least half a dozen people who've flown dogs in cargo in the last couple of years with no problems. A couple with Quantas, one KLM, and some BA.

Perhaps things are getting better?

I think it depends on the dog. Highly strung breeds like many terriers, border collies etc. really suffer. 'Give-a-fuck' breeds like greyhounds tend to fare better.

donnie3.jpg

I think it depends on the dog. Highly strung breeds like many terriers, border collies etc. really suffer. 'Give-a-fuck' breeds like greyhounds tend to fare better.

Air Canada bans snub nose dogs from traveling in the cargo hold. A while ago, some woman was upset because the airline would not allow her pit bull in the cargo compartment. Iirc, these breeds have breathing problems.

Snub-Nosed (Brachycephalic) Breeds Not Accepted for Travel in the Cargo Hold
Air Canada does not accept brachycephalic, snub-nosed or mixed breeds of snub-nosed animals when the breed on the Health Certificate states the following:

Dogs Cats
American Staffordshire Terrier
Affenpinscher
Cane Corso
Bulldog (all breeds, including American)
Boxer
Boston Terrier
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Dogo Argentino
Dogue de Bordeaux
English Toy Spaniel
Japanese Chin
Lhasa Apso
Mastiff (all breeds)
Pekingese
Pit-bull (all breeds)
Presa Canario
Pug (all breeds)
Shar-Pei
Shih Tzu
Tibetan Spaniel
British Short hair
Burmese
Exotic Shorthair
Himalayan
Persian
Scottish Fold

This full embargo on snub-nosed breeds was implemented July 22, 21, 2015. It applies to pets travelling with Air Canada Cargo, and as checked baggage.

Travel restrictions for pets and other live animals travelling with Air Canada Cargo

My guess is a high six-figure amount. Which would still be small change to United.
I expect the number had at least six zeros on it. He had United pants down over a barrel and could have caned them raw.

It's the kind of thing they'd be shitting themselves about a jury awarding ridiculous punitive damages.

$5-$10 million I reckon.

Don't know if they would have had to go as high as $10 million - with his history, Dao was probably keen to settle up and get his name out of the news as quickly as possible before any former patients decided to sue him.

I expect the number had at least six zeros on it. He had United pants down over a barrel and could have caned them raw.

It's the kind of thing they'd be shitting themselves about a jury awarding ridiculous punitive damages.

$5-$10 million I reckon.
I've no idea how these things work, but I'd guess he claimed something with 6 zeros just for the 'reconstructive surgery' (again, I'm guessing, but he probably wouldn't want any treatment coming out of his health insurance?). Then loss of earnings, before getting on to damages, psychological distress and the like.

Not to be outclassed by United and American, Delta threaten to throw a mum and dad in jail and their children in to foster care if they don't give up their seats on an overbooked flight :thumbs:

Delta Air Lines kicks US family off flight after row over toddler - BBC News

US airline Delta is facing a public-relations problem after a family claimed they were kicked off a flight for refusing to give up a child's seat.

"This is a federal offence and then you and your wife will be in jail and your kids will be in foster care," a crew member can be heard telling the family.

Awesome.

Reactions: CRI
Back
Top Bottom