Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 vanishes without trace

Just a hypothesis: attempted hijack, someone started shooting (either security or hijacker) and the fuselage was perforated by bullets. Depressurisation would almost certainly occur and perhaps fast if there was a widow hit?

The US and Israel certainly use armed security although how that works bullet wise who knows.

air marshalls. iirc they carry non lethal deterrents because nobody wants a sawn off being discharged in a pressured aircraft

I wouldn't be surprised if Italian authorities now started blaming Amanda Knox and Rafaelle Solicito for the whole situation.

After all, neither has provided any convincing alibi for the period leading up to the flight's take-off and he has an obvious reason for stealing travel documents after his passport was recently confiscated.

Both have admitted handling knives in the past, and a knife could have been used to threaten the cabin crew.

Both are experienced in the use of mobile phones, which airlines expressly tell passengers to turn off for safety reasons.

And they can't go blaming poor Rudy Guede as he has a cast iron alibi, being in prison.

There - mystery solved.

Just a hypothesis: attempted hijack, someone started shooting (either security or hijacker) and the fuselage was perforated by bullets. Depressurisation would almost certainly occur and perhaps fast if there was a widow hit?

The US and Israel certainly use armed security although how that works bullet wise who knows.
They use special sintered bullets that don't penetrate the airframe, iirc.

Is anyone doing this: DigitalGlobe have been crowd-sourcing the search, using their Tomnod platform. Over two million people have been involved.

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/malaysiaairsar2014

And mentioned here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...Malaysia-Airlines-MH370-plane-crash-live.html

Been doing it since last night, but it's very glitchy and site keeps crashing with so many users. Have done over 1000 squares, and am getting bored now with so much sea and clouds. Have found quite a few boats, but that's it, other than little white dots which I'm not sure whether they're parts of waves or something else.

Been doing it since last night, but it's very glitchy and site keeps crashing with so many users. Have done over 1000 squares, and am getting bored now with so much sea and clouds. Have found quite a few boats, but that's it, other than little white dots which I'm not sure whether they're parts of waves or something else.
Well done you, how big is a square? and can you search in places that others haven't yet looked?

And mentioned here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...Malaysia-Airlines-MH370-plane-crash-live.html[/QUOTE]
Well done you, how big is a square? and can you search in places that others haven't yet looked?

Erm, I don't know how big a square is to be honest, and no, I think parts of maps are randomly allocated to you. You don't get a choice of where to look unfortunately, which I suppose is sensible otherwise everyone would be heading for the same few places.

I can't believe it, all my progress has disappeared, so now I could start again and end up going over the same area. WTF!

Erm, I don't know how big a square is to be honest, and no, I think parts of maps are randomly allocated to you. You don't get a choice of where to look unfortunately, which I suppose is sensible otherwise everyone would be heading for the same few places.

I can't believe it, all my progress has disappeared, so now I could start again and end up going over the same area. WTF!

It sounds a clever idea, but I can understand your WTF, I wouldn't want to go over the same ground.
When I check the main page it says server problems.

Put it this way, a biggish boat, without zooming in, can look about 1cm long on the screen :D

Pics could do with being higher resolution as if you can barely see a boat without zooming right in, you've got little chance of finding debris, unless it was a huge chunk

Looks like you Minnie are having fun with the new Reply and +Quote links like me .. I haven't yet got the hang of them!! :)

Late Mar 12th 2014 China's State Administration of Science (SASTIND) reported, they discovered three large objects sized 13x18, 14x19 and 24x22 meters at position N6.7 E105.63 (121nm eastsoutheast of the last known secondary radar position), all three objects within a radius of 20km (11nm) and published the satellite images, taken on Mar 9th 2014 at 11:00 Beijing time (03:00Z), see below. SASTIND stated they are committed to provide further search services to locate flight MH-370.

http://www.sastind.gov.cn/n112/n117/c303244/content.html

You can type the co-ordinates (decimal) here to find the google map location: http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html

Server doesn't respond to me but images are:

malaysia_b772_9m-mro_gulf_of_thailand_140308_5.jpg

malaysia_b772_9m-mro_gulf_of_thailand_140308_3.jpg

Can't view that, but saw the images on another website

If I zoom in even further on a photo editing site, there definitely looks like sunlight is reflecting off the top

Using this website - the first blue marker on the left is the last known (confirmed) position of the plane on radar. The one on the right is the location of the 'debris' according to the information given by China's State Administration of Science.

mh370.jpg

According to this website the distance between the two points is: 222.8kms. The satellite photo was taken 34 hours after the last recorded contact.

I've tried to find the maritime weather for that date but with no success. Currently the wind is prevailing ENE.

Last edited:
The media has made reference to the NZ oil rig worker's observations - quite widely after early reports it was a hoax. He gave his location and estimates of what he saw here. Using his estimations and using the website which converts given Latitude and Longitude and a scompass bearing into distance on a map (how amazing?!) his estimation looks something like this

mh370orestimate.jpg

S - his location
D - his estimated position of the plane.

Id work out the distance to the supposed 'wreckage', but the numbers are hurting my brain :( I also tried to find out the wind direction on the date of the crash but couldnt find any info - but currently the wind is from the ENE, which if hadn't moved round much would perhaps be consistent with the wreckage drifting to the where the Chinese satellite claims it could be.

Using this website - the first blue marker on the left is the last known (confirmed) position of the plane on radar. The one on the right is the location of the debris according to the information given by China's State Administration of Science.

mh370.jpg

According to this website the distance between the two points is: 222.8kms. The satellite photo was taken 34 hours after the last recorded contact.

So do you reckon that's debris that's floated from the point flight disappeared on Flight Radar, rather than possible crash site itself?

(posted before your last post at No. 474)

So do you reckon that's debris that's floated from the point flight disappeared on Flight Radar, rather than possible crash site itself?

(posted before your last post at No. 474)

I have no clue! :oops:

Im just making a somewhat educated guess based on reports that might be true or not. *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom