Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mad Paul Mason

That diagram is bonkers. And totally misses some of the main actual red-brown crossover points - love of police, pro-militarism and 'family values'.

Those in the Mason diagram are those who disagree with him. The 'pro Putin left' smear is those who point out the limits of Mason's policy of cheerleading NATO, the 'pro-Brexit left' is the unions and lexit supporters who he despises, along with those who've pulled Mason up about his drift into pro-Starmer grifting (the anti-liberals and the anti identity politics group). The anti semites appear to be those in the Labour Party who attack Mason for his role in doing Corbyn in.

Last edited:
It’s been another busy few days for our favourite public intellectual. Over the weekend he published a huge (largely ignored) analysis of a converging red-brown alliance, in the course of which, he again smears large sections of the left.

View attachment 382820

Now, it’s rumoured he wants to be the Labour PPC in Islington running against Jezza presumably:

I misread Confusionism as Confucianism. Which was confusing. Which, in turn, must mean Comrade Mason is at war with himself.

I thought confusionism was an interesting term i hadn't heard before...i wonder if it means Spiked types. Works for them

Last edited:
I thought confusianism was an interesting term i hadn't heard before...i wonder if it means Spiked types. Works for them

According to Mason ‘the confusionists, a differential hostility to liberalism, Biden and the US Democrats, including to AOC and Bernie Sanders, which in the UK translates into the assertion that Labour and the Conservative party are “the same”.

So, in the UK sense, basically most of us on here

According to Mason ‘the confusionists, a differential hostility to liberalism, Biden and the US Democrats, including to AOC and Bernie Sanders, which in the UK translates into the assertion that Labour and the Conservative party are “the same”.

jesus-wept-image-photo-by-ricky-barnard.ashx

Its later than we think

View attachment 382896

That exchange went quite badly wrong for Paul.

Paul's attempt to cast himself as the heir to Orwell, only to be reminded that Orwell strongly condemned those falsely trying to theorise a red-brown convergance, was a particuarly blow I felt.

As was the reminder that he's allegedly written a history of fascism without actually understanding it.

Funnily enough, while I'm not the biggest fan of AOC or Sanders, I do reckon that painting them as basically the same as Starmer is quite confusing in its own right.

Think the term confusionism comes from the French, it's down now but there was a website called confusionnisme.info for ages (archived version here) that gave a bit more of a coherent definition. Although googling it, I did also learn about this bloke, who is presumably blissfully unaware of his position on Mason's graphs:
1689152036430.png

I guess this obssessing over mad Stalinists plays quite well with centrist "horse shoe theory" types? Is that the game here?

Mason vs Corbyn in Islington North would bring out that absolute worst people from all facets of the UK left and I can't decide if that would be brilliant or terrible. (Probably both, dialectics innit.)

I guess this obssessing over mad Stalinists plays quite well with centrist "horse shoe theory" types? Is that the game here?

Mason vs Corbyn in Islington North would bring out that absolute worst people from all facets of the UK left and I can't decide if that would be brilliant or terrible. (Probably both, dialectics innit.)
I bet there'd be a few others in play too -- like whoever those Communists are who stand in various places round here -- just to add to the drama.

Back
Top Bottom