Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Paul Embery

Absolutely hate this fucking chode. England Women win the Euros and what does he do? Uses it as an opportunity to have a go at trans people. I can guarantee that if the Germans had won - and if Popp hadn't gotten injured, they very likely would have - he'd be crapping on about how women's football is woke lefty nonsense. Isn't he one of those twats who thinks women should be at home raising kids instead of working?

He also seems to think working-class = white and no working-class POC exist. And him pretending to care about Pride is laughable considering how much he hates gay people, he said Idrissa Gueye was more heroic for refusing to wear the rainbow shirt than that young Blackpool player was for coming out. I guess he thinks being gay is bourgeois decadence or something.
Don't want to take away from your overall point however, he is married to a woman of colour

I know, but there are plenty of racist people who are willing to make exceptions for partners or whatever.

Social conservatism is not a good thing for a lot of people. Me included. And I have to work because I don't have a husband to fall back on, nor do I want one.

Don't want to take away from your overall point however, he is married to a woman of colour
That doesn't mean that he can't be a racist. I know, because my mum was white and she was pretty racist, as were members of her side of the family, one of whom refused to speak to her because she married my African-American father. Embery uses his wife as a handy shield to deflect accusations of racism.

Reactions: tim
There's a bit to unpack here, so let's start with the easiest: GB "News" doesn't have "millions of working class people" watching it; its viewers number in the tens of thousands. Advertisers don't speak for anyone but themselves, let alone "woke middle-class progressives inside the M25". Advertisers have pulled their adverts from the station because of its divisive coverage and hateful rhetoric. In fact, GB "News" does perfectly well without advertising revenue, thanks to Legatum et al. How much does Embery make from his appearances on GB "News"?
1688728297096.png

That doesn't mean that he can't be a racist. I know, because my mum was white and she was pretty racist, as were members of her side of the family, one of whom refused to speak to her because she married my African-American father. Embery uses his wife as a handy shield to deflect accusations of racism.
Didn't say it did.

So, why did you mention it?

Furthermore, when he talks about the working class, he erases people of colour from his calculations. Now, why do you think that is?
Simply because his marriage and his upbringing doesn’t reflect a view of the w/class being all white . It’s quite possible to have political differences with his trajectory ( which I and others in here have had with him on Twitter) without reaching for the knee jerk racist button .

Why does he assume all working-class people are as conservative and anti-woke, whatever the fuck woke means, as he is? And what's with the obsession with London? Or should I say (((London)))?

GB News is full of antivaxx, anti-lockdown and conspiracy bullshit. How many working-class people died of COVID or became sick with it?

There's a bit to unpack here, so let's start with the easiest: GB "News" doesn't have "millions of working class people" watching it; its viewers number in the tens of thousands. Advertisers don't speak for anyone but themselves, let alone "woke middle-class progressives inside the M25". Advertisers have pulled their adverts from the station because of its divisive coverage and hateful rhetoric. In fact, GB "News" does perfectly well without advertising revenue, thanks to Legatum et al. How much does Embery make from his appearances on GB "News"?
View attachment 382224
Quite funny how he does an identity politics in that post, though. Gender suddenly relevant if it's a woman from GB News getting heckled.

Simply because his marriage and his upbringing doesn’t reflect a view of the w/class being all white . It’s quite possible to have political differences with his trajectory ( which I and others in here have had with him on Twitter) without reaching for the knee jerk racist button .
My point still stands. Embery uses his wife to deflect accusations of racism and yes, he is a racist. You used Embery's wife's ethnicity in much the same way.

When he uses the construction, "traditional working-class", it doesn't take a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon to work out the discourse behind the word "traditional". Furthermore, his claim that all working-class people (presumably, working-class white people) are/were socially conservative isn't supported by any evidence; he's imagined it.

Why does he assume all working-class people are as conservative and anti-woke, whatever the fuck woke means, as he is? And what's with the obsession with London? Or should I say (((London)))?

GB News is full of antivaxx, anti-lockdown and conspiracy bullshit. How many working-class people died of COVID or became sick with it?

It's not that they actually believe it I don't think. There's a very deliberate effort to create an identity that they can rally enough people around to fall in line with the core right wing/Tory vote which is still essentially middle class and South Eastern in character.

I worked on a fish farm in Australia and the guy I worked with was a full strength SS daggers and swastika flags on the wall, nazi, he was happily married, his wife and kids were Muluridji. He saw no issues with this juxtaposition🤷‍♂️

Quite funny how he does an identity politics in that post, though. Gender suddenly relevant if it's a woman from GB News getting heckled.
Graham Linehan does the same thing. He's currently accusing people who criticise Katherine Birbalsingh for lying her face off about kids identifying as holograms of being racist, just like he always makes a huge point of mentioning whether a TERF/gendercritter is gay, so he can claim that the pro-trans side is homophobic. YOU CRITICISED A GAY MAN! Yes, because he's transphobic, not because he's gay.

Graham Linehan does the same thing. He's currently accusing people who criticise Katherine Birbalsingh for lying her face off about kids identifying as holograms of being racist, just like he always makes a huge point of mentioning whether a TERF/gendercritter is gay, so he can claim that the pro-trans side is homophobic. YOU CRITICISED A GAY MAN! Yes, because he's transphobic, not because he's gay.
I think Brendan O'Neill suddenly bringing up the Irishness of his big head is one of my all-time favourites of this particular genre:
1688858951506.png

Embery's quite the homophobe and here he goes for the "woke bank" angle that Farage and his knuckle-dragging followers have been using. I suspect he'd tell us that the "traditional working class" were entirely straight. Regarding the second tweet, he confuses public services with commercial enterprises. If I go into a pub and smash the place up, I can expect to be banned. Embery and his fellow clowns don't seem to have grasped those differences.
1689845171731.png

Back
Top Bottom