Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

The mad bit is the idea that the membership will get in line & choose whoever the MPs chose, instead of who they themselves like more. The idea that they'd do so in order to ensure that the PM can actually govern, that's the mad bit, why would they expect the membership to think like that.

But, it's not that mad, we have witnessed party members picking leaders that don't have support from their party's MPs, and the chaos it causes, both with Truss & Corbyn.

I think the Tory membership has learnt that lesson.

But, it's not that mad, we have witnessed party members picking leaders that don't have support from their party's MPs, and the chaos it causes, both with Truss & Corbyn.

I think the Tory membership has learnt that lesson.
If another left wing candidate somehow was ever up for nomination in the labour party I'd def vote for them if there was any way I could do. I dont see any reason why the Tory party members would be any different. It is clearly totally undemocratic if members are expected to just tow the line of whatever the current mob in charge of a party says.

Interesting that you think so. When do you think they learned this, last night?

It's more interesting that that is what I am hearing from two Tory members, from what the conversation is in the local party.

Although, TBF, they do blame BJ for them losing in last year's borough council election, which went Labour for the first time ever in its history.

It's more interesting that that is what I am hearing from two Tory members, from what the conversation in the local party.

Although, TBF, they do blame BJ for them losing in last year's borough council election, which went Labour for the first time ever in its history.
These tory members you're hearing from, they say they've seen the error of their ways and plan to vote for whoever the majority of MPs choose now?

The indicative vote is so that the runner-up candidate hopefully withdraws. Not really about members.

Same is true of the high bar for nominations. The idea is presumably that only one candidate (likely Sunak) will qualify. Bit there's no way all the fringe joke candidates will get the memo and step aside, and if only one puts themselves in the frame that one will likely go to the members' vote and win. I can actually see Badenoch somehow winning it via a bodged coronation of Sunak.

These two tory members you're hearing from, they say they've seen the error of their ways and plan to vote for whoever the majority of MPs choose now?

Neither of the two voted for Truss, they both did for BJ, and regret it.

My nearest little town has a tory club, big decrepit victorian building in the middle of the high street. Would love to pop in there this rainy dark eve, just half a pint and see what the vibe is. Did enquire and you need to be invited though, by a member.

My nearest little town has a tory club, big decrepit victorian building in the middle of the high street. Would love to pop in there this rainy dark eve, just half a pint and see what the vibe is. Did enquire and you need to be invited though, by a member.

Or join as a member, that's how private clubs work, it's a condition of their drink licence.

But they are all now saying 'we'd better vote for whoever the majority of MPs choose cos otherwise we get an inevitably dysfunctional government', thats what you're saying?

Yes, they have had enough, they just want the MPs to sort it out and show leadership.

That's about as meaningful as listening to random people on here predicting who's going to be pm. They and we do not have a clue.
I dunno, we can look at the support the likely candidates got a few weeks ago and make a reasonably informed prediction can't we? It's the same Tory MPs choosing. You can add shit up and see who's likely to get over 100 without even needing a calculator.

I dunno, we can look at the support the likely candidates got a few weeks ago and make a reasonably informed prediction can't we? It's the same Tory MPs choosing. You can add shit up and see who's likely to get over 100 without even needing a calculator.

unless Bojo is serious about standing he is not and is to derisive

its a distraction before they crown Sunak

I guess I just dont like the game aspect of it, it is not fun to me and seems like a waste of energy.

I know you didn't (well I haven't read thread, but haven't read you predict that). I was saying it was a similar kind of speculation based on nothing tho

Hey, I am just introducing the mood of the local Tories here, I think it's interesting to know what they are thinking at grassroot level, I find that useful in a better understanding of the overall situation.

People can take that or leave it.

Back
Top Bottom