Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

what if nobody gets 100 nominations then what does the king just tell them to fuck off.
I like the idea of locking them all in until they come to an agreement, like a papal enclave.

E2A but the idea of making smoke is a bit risky, given the state of the palace of Westminster.

Reactions: Sue
If Boris Johnson is going to run for leader again, well, I see no reason why Cameron and May shouldn't join.
dw5d.jpg

I suspect that there will be only one candidate, and it will be Mordaunt.

You're right about the first bit. It depends who wants to be/they want to, throw under a bus. At best they are looking at getting thrashed in May 2024 and probably ending their political career. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sunak. God knows how much free coke they'll have to offer Johnson not to stand.

Maybe the conservative party really will implode, that seems just about possible now. Not because of any deep ideological differences between them but because the rats in sack have different ideas of what desperate measures might keep them from losing their seats next election.

I doubt the tories will implode. They are likely to take a massive pounding at the next election, but they'll regroup. There aren't any alternative political movements that could take their place, and the UK's fptp electoral system favours inertia wrt political parties.

Back
Top Bottom