Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Laurence Fox. The twat.

The cunt can't blame Khan for this.

Court Road has had speeding issues for years. It is a 30mph that goes into a 40mph road as you leave Orpington and head towards the M25. There are often drivers trying to beat the lights as they’re the last ones before the M25. The traffic lights in question are at the junction with Spur Road which is a 4-way traffic light controlled junction, with traffic also joining from the Ramsden estate via Avalon Road.

I can remember a distinctive poster - Kill you speed, not a child - that was on lampposts all along the road when I first moved to Orpington in 1988. It had pictures of a young girl, probably about the same age as the one injured today

Removing the traffic lights will have caused chaos at this junction and the idiots who did it are responsible.

Last edited:
I didn't know that Khan had no power over it.
He does, that's a selective reading of it. No-one forced the mayor's hand to extend the ULEZ for all passenger vehicles out to the GL boundary. The government was pushing for all passenger cars to be to ULEZ compliant within the then-ULEZ zone for lorries. Which was the north/south circular and was done in 2021. Khan did decide of his own free will to extend it to all of London.

The confusion tends to arise because Khan had already planned to extend to the N/S Circular even before the government told him that he pretty much had to.

Didn't Khan bring in the ulez zone? :hmm:
From Wikipedia:
"Plans were announced by London Mayor Boris Johnson in March 2015 for the zone to come into operation in September 2020. Sadiq Khan, the subsequent mayor, introduced the zone early on 8 April 2019. The zone initially covered Central London, the same area as the existing London congestion charge and raised £224 million in 2022.
In October 2021, the zone was extended by Khan to cover the area within the North Circular and South Circular roads and on 29 August 2023 it was extended to cover all of Greater London"

The real mystery is why the principle-free, self-serving fop Boris de Pfeffel - who never does anything unless it benefits his own lardy arse - was the feller who introduced such a progressive initiative. Could it be that he was trying to impress an environmentally-aware young lady such as his current missus?

sadiq.jpeg\\

From Sadiq Khan on the Twitter, 3 hours ago:
"JUST ANNOUNCED: I’ve stepped in again to freeze all TfL fares as the cost-of-living crisis continues to hit Londoners hard.
While people across the country face another hike in their rail fares, I'm not prepared to stand by and see Londoners face a similar hike"

Doubtless 'Lozza' will see this for what it really is, super-villain Khan's devilish scheme to enslave all Londoners and plunge us into a hell-world where we have only London plane bark to eat in the coming apocalypse.

If only there were an entitled, deluded, gak-addled posh twat who could save us from the Wrath of Khan inna James Bond style?

View attachment 408859\\

From Sadiq Khan on the Twitter, 3 hours ago:
"JUST ANNOUNCED: I’ve stepped in again to freeze all TfL fares as the cost-of-living crisis continues to hit Londoners hard.
While people across the country face another hike in their rail fares, I'm not prepared to stand by and see Londoners face a similar hike"

Doubtless 'Lozza' will see this for what it really is, super-villain Khan's devilish scheme to enslave all Londoners and plunge us into a hell-world where we have only London plane bark to eat in the coming apocalypse.

If only there were an entitled, deluded, gak-addled posh twat who could save us from the Wrath of Khan inna James Bond style?
It's a clever bit of politics, that. Most people will be hitting the daily cap, which is going up 5%, as will travelcards. But point to point fares and the busses are frozen. Example from my own usage, my collection of fares for the day is well over the price cap for the day. I think I should be paying something like £14.60 but am capped at £11.70. My theoretical fare will be frozen, but the cap which is what I actually pay is going up 5%. Applies to anyone who uses tube+train or tubes it more than 2x in the day, which is quite a lot.

ETA: I do realise that Sadiq doesn't control Travelcard fares, and having a cap that's different from the Travelcard for the same zones is a path to madness. I'm not complaining about the implementation, which he's kind of stuck with, but rather the way what's being frozen is fed to us.

Back
Top Bottom