Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Laurence Fox. The twat.

Would imagine that they may wait until the judge in his other case declares him to be racist before wasting time and money with another case to declare the same...?

Although it seems likely that 'Lozza' has muted you LeytonCatLady, you can be proud that hundreds, nay, thousands of Twitter users, as well as us Urbanz - who are able to read your replies to the fatuous, entitled, deluded toff - take great pleasure in your words of wisdom. The last three you posted above made me smile and one made me actually LOL. And I've been having a bad day!

Keep em coming! :thumbs: :D

Although it seems likely that 'Lozza' has muted you LeytonCatLady, you can be proud that hundreds, nay, thousands of Twitter users, as well as us Urbanz - who are able to read your replies to the fatuous, entitled, deluded toff - take great pleasure in your words of wisdom. The last three you posted above made me smile and one made me actually LOL. And I've been having a bad day!

Keep em coming! :thumbs: :D
Glad to have helped. Laughter is the best medicine! Maybe Lozza would be happier and less bitter if he had a sense of humour.

Glad to have helped. Laughter is the best medicine! Maybe Lozza would be happier and less bitter if he had a sense of humour.
For sure. It would undoubtedly mitigate some of his bitterness and rage. What's that old saying, "Laugh at yourself and the world laughs at you too" - well, something like that anyway!

Crackheads = working class = BAD.
Coke-sniffing toffs, gak-addled bores like Fatuous Mr Fox = GOOD. I smell snobbery
Frank Skinner points out a similar double standard in his autobiography based on his experience at each extreme of the social spectrum. If you grow up working class in a council house in Oldbury and your neighbours see candles in your window, you get gossiped about for having the electric cut off. If you live in a posh area of London, candlelight is a sign of sophistication.

Frank Skinner points out a similar double standard in his autobiography based on his experience at each extreme of the social spectrum. If you grow up working class in a council house in Oldbury and your neighbours see candles in your window, you get gossiped about for having the electric cut off. If you live in a posh area of London, candlelight is a sign of sophistication.
not that much sophistication surely

Reactions: tim
not that much sophistication surely
A candle or candles could also be a sign that the resident is a practitioner of Vodou, Lukumi, Candomblé etc. There's a lot of it about, as the great Max Miller might have said. I know of a Santeria priest who lives in a fairly prestigious part of North London. One of the rather wonderful fringe benefits of London as a global city whose citizens originate from all parts of the globe.

It's been many years since I lived south of the river, but when I paid a nostalgia-fuelled visit to Brixton a couple of years ago, I was very pleased to see that both of the 'voodoo shops' were still going strong, despite gentrification. There's also the one on the Lower Clapton Road and the Holloway Road; nice people, very good customer service.

Back
Top Bottom