Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kanye believe it? Follow Kanye West's 2020 presidential bid here...

You can excel at certain things and still be an idiot in many other respects. I wouldn't measure intelligence by the amount of money one makes. I can't believe I even have to explain this.

I agree people can say idiotic things but I’d also suggest that there is a correlation between high earners and intellect (not to be confused with ego or eccentricities).

I think to label Kanye as an idiot is an example of reductivism.

No he isn't, he's a bubblegum rapper. Hip-hop for people who aren't into hip-hop. I don't care how many people buy his records, Westlife have sold over twice as many and they're shit too.
it's difficult to argue about talent as personal tastes comes into it. How a person uses their success and subsequent influence says more about the person behind the product.

Kanye West is a very talented record producer, an ok rapper and an absolute whopper of a human being, just to clear things up.
the fact that he’s such a huge melt makes people who know very little about the music in question diss his recorded output wholesale, whereas the reason he blew up as an artist and producer was a least partly due to the fact that he had talent; this is deliberately in the past tense as he has seemingly lost his ability to rap

Back
Top Bottom