Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Julie Burchill forced to apologise for twitter comments , and pay out a fat wedge .

Last edited:
I can never get over how, as mentioned in that article, Americans apparently call it "bum wine". One of those expressions that really doesn't cross the Atlantic well.
Elderflower anything makes me heave.

And Rosehip. That can get to fuck too.
I'm the opposite - proper wine is rank, elderflower cordial is quite nice, so if the homebrew stuff tastes more like elderflower cordial and less like real wine it can't be all bad.

I can never get over how, as mentioned in that article, Americans apparently call it "bum wine". One of those expressions that really doesn't cross the Atlantic well.

I'm the opposite - proper wine is rank, elderflower cordial is quite nice, so if the homebrew stuff tastes more like elderflower cordial and less like real wine it can't be all bad.

Sad how mass produced media driven consumer society has conned people into believing that good old traditional honest individual home produced food and drink in its infinite variety is inferior in some way. :(

it only has a dubious meaning in very specific circumstances, ie when used by fascists on their fascist forums five years ago. You can tell it doesn't mean that here, because they're round a houseplant and it's not 2015. And we aren't fascists.
Or maybe marty21 is in deep cover and has something against houseplants.... :(

And God knows what's going on on in knobbing and sobbing.

it only has a dubious meaning in very specific circumstances, ie when used by fascists on their fascist forums five years ago. You can tell it doesn't mean that here, because they're round a houseplant and it's not 2015. And we aren't fascists.
It's one of those things, a bit like woke in its way, where I think that even when it was in use, it probably got used as a form of "virtue-signalling" by wanky Burchillesque philosemite dickhead types showing their allyship more than by actual fash. But if marty21 does actually think all houseplants are Jewish, that would be one hell of a theory.

• Wow
Reactions: Sue
Back
Top Bottom