Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Johann Hari admits copying and pasting interview quotes

Fuck all. I'm just amused at people working up a nice righteous froth here. As for beneficial effects..... really? Fuck me, didn't think you were that naive butchers.
Sorry, is this hard bitten realist tone you're most definitely adopting doing any 'good'? If so, what?

Tbh you're sounding more like hey man, what good can hate and negativity do, than a cynical player.

What, you think this is going to have serious repercussions for him? HAHAHAH!

it is already, sure he'll continue on in some manner but his lil honeymoon as the liberal poster lesbian is gone, he'll have ahard time staying on at the Indie.

can't you just enjoy a smug liberal wanker getting his just desserts?

Sorry, is this hard bitten realist tone you're most definitely adopting doing any 'good'? If so, what?

Tbh you're sounding more like hey man, what good can hate and negativity do, than a cynical player.

Hey, maybe I misunderstood your motivations for posting up this stuff - if it was for a chuckle fair fucks cuz that's all it's gonna achieve, unless you think this and similar will unleash a tide of integrity and truth-telling in the MSM. I'm cynical alright, but hardly a player.

it is already, sure he'll continue on in some manner but his lil honeymoon as the liberal poster lesbian is gone, he'll have ahard time staying on at the Indie.

can't you just enjoy a smug liberal wanker getting his just desserts?

Gloat away, I'm just saying in the bigger picture it's pretty inconsequential. Did he entirely misrepresent Negri's views?

I didn't start this thread - it was split off from a thread from 7 years ago. Seriously, why even suggest i may think 'this and similar will unleash a tide of integrity and truth-telling in the MSM'?

That's it is it? 'So what'? Ok, let's see the list of people caught doing exactly this recently please. Is that really it? he's guilty but others are guilty too? Ok, let's not worry, let's not bother exposing them and the whole thing that they're a part of. How lazy is that?

This, butchers, kinda made it seem as if you thought this expose of Hari would achieve something, and I assumed you thought it was change for the better. Silly me, clearly.

This, butchers, kinda made it seem as if you thought this expose of Hari would achieve something, and I assumed you thought it was change for the better. Silly me, clearly.

No it doesn't. You claimed that was Hari has been caught at is standard practice, i asked your for other examples to demonstrate this, that's all. I didn't invite you on a crusade - and you've filled in the gaps with some nonsense.

No it doesn't. You claimed that was Hari has been caught at is standard practice, i asked your for other examples to demonstrate this, that's all. I didn't invite you on a crusade - and you've filled in the gaps with some nonsense.

You're always on a crusade, BA, that's your USP after all. As for media shenanigans, do I really have to compile lists of people who've lied or misrepresented shit? Really?

Gloat away, I'm just saying in the bigger picture it's pretty inconsequential. Did he entirely misrepresent Negri's views?

Yes, I remember the discussion on here at the time it was published and it ranks as one of the all time worst interviews I've ever read, it wasn't even a standard hatchet job, it was a mess and now we know why.

There is a certain reward in seeing him get nailed for it, especially after all this time.

Truxta what is up with you today, you've spent most of it defending the middle classes right to hire cleaners without being slagged off and now you're putting in an admittedly lacklustre defence for Hari?

You're always on a crusade, BA, that's your USP after all. As for media shenanigans, do I really have to compile lists of people who've lied or misrepresented shit? Really?

You said what hari did is normal. Fine, let's have some examples of this normality. Or you could stop this pointless combination of hole digging and forcing motivations down my throat

Truxta what is up with you today, you've spent most of it defending the middle classes right to hire cleaners without being slagged off and now you're putting in an admittedly lacklustre defence for Hari?

I'm down with a flu and feeling cranky as fuck. You're in the way.

You said what hari did is normal. Fine, let's have some examples of this normality. Or you could stop this pointless combination of hole digging and forcing motivations down my throat

Actually Hari said that what he did was normal. I merely added that it's the MO for journos to make shit up/misprepresent, even when it serves no purpose. I already said I can't be fucked to compile lists - FFS there are entire websites devoted to this shit.

Simon Kelner, editor of the Independent has said in 10 years of Hari's work they've never had a single complaint about misrepresentation. He's lying - they had at least one about this article and they refused to print it.

Simon Kelner, editor of the Independent has said in 10 years of Hari's work they've never had a single complaint about misrepresentation. He's lying - they had at least one about this article and they refused to print it.

There, you just proved my point about normality. The Wapping stuff is another, any war coverage pretty much a third.

Actually Hari said that what he did was normal. I merely added that it's the MO for journos to make shit up/misprepresent, even when it serves no purpose. I already said I can't be fucked to compile lists - FFS there are entire websites devoted to this shit.

Is this flu effecting your memory or something?

Hari might have done, but you did too, without even mentioning that you were somehow supporting Hari's claim.

you said:
And? What's new? At least he didn't outright make lies up did he? Plagiarism is the bread and butter of what passes for journalism these days in any event.

And as i pointed out in the post you were offering that reply to, this is not just simple misrepresentation, it's taking someone else's words and inserting them in your article, so you don't get off the hook by saying that all we know journalists misrepresent or lie - i was on about something different entirely.

And yes, he did make up lies. Yet you say in the post quoted above that he didn't, but also now in this post that it's normal for them to do so - which is it? This is well sloppy i have to say.

There, you just proved my point about normality. The Wapping stuff is another, any war coverage pretty much a third.

What, Simon kelner just inserted series of quotes into interviews and pretended they happened did he? I'm not sure that you know what you're being asked here. Do you really think i'm asking you if journalists misrepresent things or people?

Is this flu effecting your memory or something?

Hari might have done, but you did too, without even mentioning that you were somehow supporting Hari's claim.

And as i pointed out in the post you were offering that reply to, this is not just simple misrepresentation, it's taking someone else's words and inserting them in your article, so you don't get off the hook by saying that all we know journalists misrepresent or lie - i was on about something different entirely.

And yes, he did make up lies. Yet you say in the post quoted above that he didn't, but also now in this post that it's normal for them to do so - which is it? This is well sloppy i have to say.

Ok, I was a bit sloppy. And he plagiarised shit. What's new.

Johann is truxta's lesbian lover.

Back
Top Bottom