Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joe Biden's time is up

His statement says he will speak to the nation later this week in more detail about his decision.

That suggests to me there isn't an agreed replacement at this stage, but they're hoping to sort something out over the next few days.

If it was a straight hand over to Harris he could come out and say that now.
Could they have a straight handover, without involving the membership in some way?

I wonder if Kamala Harris will now take on Trump or someone else?

I think it would be a mistake. I don't sense a lot of love for her. They need a significant shift in fortunes to beat Trump at this point. Biden's inability to see this earlier on is a perfect example of why he needs to be gone. Harris should accept that she is part of that problem, and give a new team a run at it.

The Beeb doesn't appear to have any footage of Biden other than him struggling up the steps of Air Force One the other day.

I'd go for Newsom too. Also, my cynical side is him releasing a statement saying that he'd only step aside if he had a serious illness and lo and behold, he gets (what for a man of his age) is a serious illness. I sense stage management.

I'm so pissed off its taken this long. It was obvious more than a year ago he needs to step aside. The democrats could've had a lot longer to stop Trump. Harris is not the one, she's complicit in this chaos. They need to break ranks and get Newsom on the ticket.

Could they have a straight handover, without involving the membership in some way?

I don't know exactly how it works, but I'm sure if he were to declare his choice after behind the scenes agreement with party high ups that would carry a lot of weight with the already chosen delegates at the convention

Back
Top Bottom