Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joe Biden's time is up

I do wonder how much time has been taken up convincing Biden to leave, and how much has been taken up after he'd already made the decision, trying to negotiate all the major players getting behind one candidate (seemingly Harris, at this stage, but still a little early to call for sure...).

His statement says he will speak to the nation later this week in more detail about his decision.

That suggests to me there isn't an agreed replacement at this stage, but they're hoping to sort something out over the next few days.

If it was a straight hand over to Harris he could come out and say that now.

Looks likes this post's time is up too

Being able to walk and talk should be the bare minimum to be President of the United States. He's gifted this to Trump.

He was able to walk and talk, he just wasn't up to the job.

Your fantastical wibblings about the end of the world look even more foolish now.

Isn't it.
Cue Democratic infighting, Republican adds attacking the mess and a background that is ultimately very tight in the basics
Probably how it will play out. The positive version would be Harris or whoever running with the same set of union/working class friendly policies, ideally with Biden doing a few set piece campaigning appearances. But,.... unlikely.

Dunno if there's 'owt to make of it being announced on a Sunday afternoon (for them). Might not be that much too it, only wonder purely because timings are often a consideration with these things.

A measured and honourable response from Trump:

Crooked Joe Biden was not fit to run for President, and is certainly not fit to serve - And never was! He only attained the position of President by lies, Fake News, and not leaving his Basement. All those around him, including his Doctor and the Media, knew that he wasn’t capable of being President, and he wasn’t - And now, look what he’s done to our Country, with millions of people coming across our Border, totally unchecked and unvetted, many from prisons, mental institutions, and record numbers of terrorists. We will suffer greatly because of his presidency, but we will remedy the damage he has done very quickly. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
... not

I mean, you'd bloody well hope at least that conversation had been had! :D

Though it would be a pretty spectacular turn of events for her to turn round and say "y'what? Nah, thanks, after the last four years, I think I'm good".
yeh "well I've decided to vote Trump actually" :eek:

This has got to be for the best sadly.

He was frankly a bit too old - I don't think he has dementia or anything, but you just can't be super sharp at that age and every explanation for sub par performance was making him look weaker and weaker. The GOP will crow for a few weeks, but then they will realise this is not a good thing for them. Gives the Dems a chance to come back reinvigorated and with a much younger candidate than Trump - if I were them I might play extra on Trump's incoherence and likely poor physical health at the this stage.

Back
Top Bottom