Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joe Biden's time is up

Question: Opioid addiction

Trump: "i could help American held hostage aboard but won't until I get elected"

but biden sounds raspy.

That went well.

Too late really, can they get away with replacing Biden at this stage? Trump's campaign will eat them alive if they do.

Well done Dems, lessons learned from 2016 = zero.

Looking at the output from both presidencies theres a clear bias towards the current one being going towards making things better rather than the last one actively trying to make things worse. Neither of them should be really standing, Biden is at least using the people around him to try and go forwards tho. Trump is just making up random shit to the point where if you write in the same tone its virtually impossible to tell if he said it or not without a video recording because its so outlandish it sounds made up and theres so much of it theres actually websites keeping track.

Stick or twist for the Democrats regarding a Presidential candidate. I think they'll stick with him however they need to to be seriously identifying and promoting some potential replacements.

So apparently the only way they can replace him is if he voluntarily steps down. Which he's indicated he's not going to do. Is there anything in the law that can make a President step down on mental grounds? He's clearly senile.

If he truly loved his country, and well, the world, he'd do the decent thing here. Because otherwise we could seriously be looking at WW3. He's got no chance against the orange one.

I know presidents can only serve two terms.. But is that consecutive terms? Could Trump run again in four years time? I have this horrible vision of Trump/Johnson being in power at the same time again if the rumours are true and Boris is planning his own comeback.

So apparently the only way they can replace him is if he voluntarily steps down. Which he's indicated he's not going to do. Is there anything in the law that can make a President step down on mental grounds? He's clearly senile.

If he truly loved his country, and well, the world, he'd do the decent thing here. Because otherwise we could seriously be looking at WW3. He's got no chance against the orange one.

I know presidents can only serve two terms.. But is that consecutive terms? Could Trump run again in four years time? I have this horrible vision of Trump/Johnson being in power at the same time again if the rumours are true and Boris is planning his own comeback.
We are looking at ww3. There are ways to remove a president, both formal and informal. Perhaps you'd benefit from reading the US constitution.

Biden isn't even the nominee at this point in time. There is absolutely nothing (legally or formally) to stop the DCC from dumping him and impose someone who can at least put a sentence together.

Only problem would be, who the fuck would replace the useless old fart?

We are looking at ww3. There are ways to remove a president, both formal and informal. Perhaps you'd benefit from reading the US constitution.

Don't have time. And I suspect its a load of shit if nobody thought to include something like convicted felons being President being disallowed. This is through the looking glass now.

Biden isn't even the nominee at this point in time. There is absolutely nothing (legally or formally) to stop the DCC from dumping him and impose someone who can at least put a sentence together.

Only problem would be, who the fuck would replace the useless old fart?

There's a useful summary of why only he can step down here:

No it's 2 terms in total not consecutive.

There's a useful summary of why only he can step down here:

except it doesn't even (quite) say that:

The Democratic National Committee could convene before the convention opens on August 19 and change how things will work, but that isn’t likely as long as Biden wants to continue seeking reelection.

The rules binding delegates to their nominees aren't really legally binding, its mostly precedent.

“Delegates elected to the national convention pledged to a presidential candidate shall in all good conscience reflect the sentiments of those who elected them.”

You could easily argue about what 'reflecting the sentiments' means when the nominee has clearly lost it.

There would be one humungous row if if he refused to go quietly, but it's not impossible. Merely highly unlikely.

Two terms at any time. whether consecutive or not.

Back
Top Bottom