Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joe Biden's time is up

Oh fuck this shit.

I don't totally agree with AAs views - ironically I think his stance on not voting is the mirror of liberals insistence on voting, it makes it more political than it is - but the pathetic smears above can get to fuck

this is trolling

Anyway folks, no doubt that if the Mexican revolution happened today, Emiliano Zapata would be a Biden Supporter amirite? :thumbs:

find another Hero Red

if you don't like talk about American politics on the boards that's your problem

plus we have long running trump threads where this guy said nothing whilst joining in 2019

but tell us your a trade union rep so we cannot question your view point

Was an observation rather than an accusation. Do you deny it?

Are you giving the same opinions on any right wing boards? (I suspect not because they'd tell you to fuck off every time you tried)

and just to repeat what two sheds said

it was an observation rather than an accusation

but we are all meanies

A thick fuck that got fooled by the LibDems into supporting austerity is attacking others for not voting. Great

Oh fuck this shit.

I don't totally agree with AAs views - ironically I think his stance on not voting is the mirror of liberals insistence on voting, it makes it more political than it is - but the pathetic smears above can get to fuck
Sure it's poor ax^ and his unreliable memory that deserves sympathy here

Just to note that I obviously don't have a problem with people not voting. How people vote is up to them, and I particularly understand why people wouldn't want to vote for a party that is led by Starmer after the clear lies he told just to get in power, and what he's subsequently done to the Labour party and members and voters who wanted to see Corbyn's policies given a try.

It's the repeated and contemptuous insistence that which party gets in makes no difference in practice, which is just stupid. And in particular that anyone who votes is personally responsible for the electoral system we're stuck with now. Well fair enough, but they can't then complain if by not voting they are held personally responsible for the tory government we're stuck with now.

Just to note that I obviously don't have a problem with people not voting. How people vote is up to them, and I particularly understand why people wouldn't want to vote for a party that is led by Starmer after the clear lies he told just to get in power, and what he's subsequently done to the Labour party and members and voters who wanted to see Corbyn's policies given a try.

It's the repeated and contemptuous insistence that which party gets in makes no difference in practice, which is just stupid. And in particular that anyone who votes is personally responsible for the electoral system we're stuck with now. Well fair enough, but they can't then complain if by not voting they are held personally responsible for the tory government we're stuck with now.
Would people who vote for a Starmer government also not be able to complain when a Labour government fucks us over? Will those who don't vote be able to hold Labour voters responsible?

Would people who vote for a Starmer government also not be able to complain when a Labour government fucks us over? Will those who don't vote be able to hold Labour voters responsible?
Yes, quite likely. It's down to what people think are the likely outcomes when they vote, though, versus likely outcomes when they don't vote or vote for the tories/lib dems etc.

Tories get in again and it'll almost certainly be the end of the NHS for example. Labour get in and it'll be expansion of private providers but I don't think that will be as bad. Of course Starmer might decide to invade somewhere like Blair did and fuck us all over. So you can't predict how things will go, with the Tories though there's a fairly sure prediction of loss of right to strike, worse labour conditions, lack of affordable housing and the rest.

Reactions: Ax^
Yes, quite likely. It's down to what people think are the likely outcomes when they vote, though, versus likely outcomes when they don't vote or vote for the tories/lib dems etc.

Tories get in again and it'll almost certainly be the end of the NHS for example. Labour get in and it'll be expansion of private providers but I don't think that will be as bad. Of course Starmer might decide to invade somewhere like Blair did and fuck us all over. So you can't predict how things will go, with the Tories though there's a fairly sure prediction of loss of right to strike, worse labour conditions, lack of affordable housing and the rest.
True, though it's a fair prediction that any limitation on the right to strike, worse Labour conditions and lack of affordable housing will be rectified by an incoming Labour government.

I'd hope so, but I meant if the tories get in at the next election. More restrictions on voting would quite possibly mean there was a tory government from then on.

There's always the hope, too, that Starmer being the lying shit that he has been to take over Labour will actually do a turnaround and implement some of Corbyn's policies while denying he's doing it*.

Yeh yeh ok I admit that's hugely unlikely.

i just think its weird after how marginal the last 2 elections in the usa have been

if you don't think voting matters

take note that we have biden in place

because trump himself enforced mistrust in the election process to the point telling his base it was not worth voting as they were going to steal it from him
and also discourage them from using mail in ballets tell them instead to vote on the day

oddly enough he lost but still by quite a close margin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom