Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Corbyn needs to come out of his front door in the morning with a statement. All the paps and Sky news etc will be there, live streaming and stuff. He's dressed in some scruffy old jeans, and a t-shirt with some blim-burn holes in:

"Ladies and gentlemen, we're living in unprecedented political times.

I've come in for a lot of criticism over the past few days.

So today I'd like to tell what I'm going to do about it - and resolve this unacceptable situation.

Today I would like to announce to the nation....

...that I will be trimming the bush in my front garden."

The idea that Corbyn will step down if Labour MPs sign a piece of paper saying they will abide by some of his policies (this is being reported on the BBC news) is risible; why should anyone, let alone Jeremy Corbyn, trust those MPs who have schemed, plotted, dissembled, lied and continually ignored the expressed wishes of the membership?

That this ludicrous suggestion is being touted just shows the weakness of the PLP members opposed to the current leadership.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

If his health keeps holding up I hope he's got a very trustworthy mechanic. :hmm:

His camp really need to build something rooted with crowds they can draw.

I suspect it may end up being Hilary Benn v Jeremy Corbyn. Don't know why..
me too, but he'll want someone else in first as the 'stalking horse' candidate to take the flak for starting the contest, he can then steam in as the unity candidate to save the party from destruction.... that'll be the storyline he'll give anyway.

How does it work then for labour?
Say Eagle challenges Corbyn in the PLP and wins, does that trigger a wider leadership election of the members in which others can also stand?

How does it work then for labour?
Say Eagle challenges Corbyn in the PLP and wins, does that trigger a wider leadership election of the members in which others can also stand?
No, the PLP doesn't have a separate leader. The only official challenge to make is for the job of party leader. She or whoever need 15% of the PLP to nominate her to trigger an election. Opinions vary as to whether Corbyn also needs nominating as sitting leader (probably not). After that it's one member one vote - but that actually means all individual members, members of affiliated unions and those paying £3 to register as supporters.

Labour leadership: Shadow cabinet bid to ease Corbyn out - BBC News

'Shadow Cabinet Bid to Ease Corbyn Out' apparently. Now I'm assuming the shadow cabinet here are definitely in any way not that bunch who quit last week. Because that would be shockingly poor reporting.
I've put in a complaint about that, asking them to change it to refer to former shadow cabinet members unless they have evidence that it really is current shadow cabinet members doing this.

Online output - Style, accuracy or grammar error - BBC News

No, the PLP doesn't have a separate leader. The only official challenge to make is for the job of party leader. She or whoever need 15% of the PLP to nominate her to trigger an election. Opinions vary as to whether Corbyn also needs nominating as sitting leader (probably not). After that it's one member one vote - but that actually means all individual members, members of affiliated unions and those paying £3 to register as supporters.
So, does anyone, who wants to stand against Corbyn in the membership vote, have to throw their hat into the ring now .. ? Or can they somehow do it later on?

So, does anyone, who wants to stand against Corbyn in the membership vote, have to throw their hat into the ring now .. ? Or can they somehow do it later on?
I think that once one MP gets over 50 nominations then an election process is started, at which point there's a further call for nominations prior to the campaign proper starting and then the vote.

It seems that they all know that whoever stands first will take the most flak for dragging the party into this leadership contest, so none of them want to make the first move.

Sounds like one of those non stories that could be spun either way.

Despite being under attack from disloyal MPs Corbyn was detemined to pay his respects even though his time is not his own this week. He slipped in without fanfare or fuss as is his habit, remembering, unlike others, that those who gave up their lives are who matter today not jockeying for position in the front pews. As soon as he left the memorial his phone was ringing with news of the latest betrayal from his own traitorous plp.

Etc etc

What's the story with this one, then?

Jeremy Corbyn rapped over 'disrespectful' behaviour during Thiepval commemoration - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

C-Byn rocks up to a Somme commemoration, and then leaves before the end, and is photographed using his phone during the event. Given the sewage and bilge that has been spewed about I'm inclined to take this one with a pinch of salt, but as it appears in the Belfast Telegraph, which is located outside the Westminster bubble. . .
Commemoration services are open for public attendance surely, what is this "being invited" business to do with anything if Corbyn only went to the public area?

Both photos with him on the phone have people in the background clearly chatting with each other, so they don't seem to be during the event. Trying to spin the story because he turned up to support the event and looked smart.

Project Exaggerate and Lie continues.

Follow up question;
- If he was slipping in late and uninvited, how did he get a badge saying "delegation"?
Corbyn-mobile.jpg

Back
Top Bottom