Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Indie being v positive about what sounds like another strong Corbo PMQ session today, and interestingly, the journo wonders whether James Schneider, as new comms bod, is already making his mark, eg : MH key focus today ( assuming journo sees this as a younger orientated issue) .

It makes a change, Schneider not getting an MSM kicking for Momentum role, and smart move to get him away from public face of Momentum imo, easy target.

( and assume Milne now confirmed gone ? Again, prob for best )

"One wonders if Corbyn has been getting some coaching from his new comms man, 28-year-old James Schneider, before PMQs. The questions he asked were ones that affect the public, grab the attention of younger people and have the capacity to cause real damage to the already shaky career of the Health Secretary. "

I'm usually the first to slam Jeremy Corbyn, but at this week's PMQs he looked like a better leader than Theresa May

Schneider has replaced Milne? I don't think that is true.

Schneider has replaced Milne? I don't think that is true.

That's my understanding as well - supplemented seems to be the term of choice - but Milne is still very much in the fold, though who has how much clout and who is listened to by whom is perhaps a matter for some debate...

The story of the labour councillor from Swindon who went off to join the tories then changed his mind and came back the next morning doesn't seem to be getting as much coverage as it deserves.
Labour councillor defects to Conservatives for ' most stupid 24 hours of my life'

I'm not sure if I'd describe the comings and goings of councillors in Swindon as being 'hold the front page!' stuff, but perhaps you should ask who would benefit from publicity - Labour aren't really going to want to have their idiot councillor who has no idea what he believes splashed over the front pages, and the Tories aren't going to want stories of how someone only managed to be a Tory for 24 hours before changing their mind coursing through the media...

For both sides its an incident best forgotten, and for the media its only value is comedy.

Ye ok, I just thought it was funny and kind of symptomatic as well but I know it's not the very most important thing going in the world.

...and I didn't like it because the addition of "reformist" weakens the message.

Doesn't need such qualification imho. Previous leaders didn't need it.

Wasn't sure where to put this.
It's not a big sample but some of the results seem to bode very badly for a Corbyn- led labour party, and some are just really surprising (to me anyway).
eg)
'When we asked about welfare benefits, among those who want a Labour party for the workers 47% think benefits are too easy to get and go to those who don't need them, only 31% think they should be easier to get. '
Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 08.40.59.png

YouGov | Should Labour be a workers' party, or a party of the liberal left?

It's not a big sample but some of the results seem to bode very badly for a Corbyn- led labour party, and some are just really surprising (to me anyway).
eg)
'When we asked about welfare benefits, among those who want a Labour party for the workers 47% think benefits are too easy to get and go to those who don't need them, only 31% think they should be easier to get. '
View attachment 95102

Those poll findings would only bode very badly for a Corbyn-led Labour party if he/they had any intention of becoming a workers or anti-capitalist party.

I like the title Minister for Peace. There is a nice sounding trajectory from Minister for War > Defence Minister > Minister for Peace and Disarmament.

Couldn't Dianne Abbot do it, like one of those highlanders who runs the post office, the hotel and the taxi service?

eg)
View attachment 95102

Arbitrary categories falsely presented as mutually exclusive = meaningless poll. 'All' necessarily includes workers and nothing is gonna get any fairier unless somebody stands opposed to the excesses of capitalism.

eg)
View attachment 95102

It's not the people who currently (or recently) vote or identify with Labour they need to be attracting.

Back
Top Bottom