Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jennifer Arcuri spills the beans about 4 year affair with Johnson

Should it?

I thought what Bill Clinton did with his penis had nothing to do with his successful running of America.

What Boris does with his penis has nothing to do with the wrecking of ours.

He should be judged on his professional incompetence not his romantic incompetence.
What people do with their penises is often an excellent reflection on their probity and judgement elsewhere. But then you knew that. I'll leave it to others to deliver the appropriate rejoinder to you.

Should it?

I thought what Bill Clinton did with his penis had nothing to do with his successful running of America.

What Boris does with his penis has nothing to do with the wrecking of ours.

He should be judged on his professional incompetence not his romantic incompetence.
As always, it's not about the sex, it's about the lies, the corruption and the money. Reducing it to sex undoubtedly plays in his favour.

I don't think this story is going away anytime soon. Just shows what influence the tories have on the media that has not got a mention on the BBC or Sky news or ITN.

As always, it's not about the sex, it's about the lies, the corruption and the money. Reducing it to sex undoubtedly plays in his favour.
They wouldn’t have to lie about the sex if people considered it irrelevant.

The corruption and the money people sadly consider par for the course. They must do otherwise how are they still in power after all the Brexit and Covid scams they’ve pulled.

Do you think Marina Wheeler considered it irrelevant? You're just talking out your arse (again) I'm afraid. Outside of hippy fantasies, long term sexual relationships are going to involve issues of trust and honesty.

The corruption and the money people sadly consider par for the course. They must do otherwise how are they still in power after all the Brexit and Covid scams they’ve pulled.

You seem to be the only one here reducing it to a pure sex scandal.

Johnson & co have hidden behind the thinnest veneer of plausible deniability for the Covid corruption. "Yes, we gave out contracts with no oversight or proper procurement process, but we needed that PPE really quickly. We gave contracts to those we thought could get them using our best judgement, and that just happened to be my mate Gary by coincidence." It was similar with Brexit, all the impropriety was in the name of "getting Brexit done" in the face of opposition from sore loser remainers, it was 'playing the game' in the court of public opinion.

It's bullshit, we all know it's bullshit, but it's really difficult to get that smoking gun that proves it was 100% corrupt. There isn't and won't be the public pressure on Johnson's position when all they can and will be found guilty of is cutting corners in procedure, the "getting it done" excuse will hold with more than enough people.

The Arcuri affair is different. If her company received public money through grants it wouldn't have been entitled to, if her company profited from access to government it wouldn't normally have had, if her company benefitted from Johnson's personal appearances and PR work; that is as straightforward a scandal as it gets. If a Prime Minister (or any other high profile figure) has an affair then it erodes trust and calls into question their honesty and integrity; when it's an affair paid for by public funds, it's no longer whether their reputation can withstand the public fallout, it's whether there's a criminal case to answer. It's potentially the smoking gun*

*It won't be, but i'm an optimist.

Was the whole Donald trump era for nothing? One of the things I learnt from that is that many people actually admire and are drawn to the kind of men who shag whatever they can, whether or not their wife’s pregnant or sick or whatever, and more importantly they also admire a man who cheats, steals, lies, doesn’t pay taxes etc, for his personal gain.

The idea that these revelations would cause Johnson to automatically fall in the esteem of the public is quaint, imo.
I think the admiration is for a man who gets away with it, who never has to deal with any consequences. So it’s self perpetuating.

Was the whole Donald trump era for nothing? One of the things I learnt from that is that many people actually admire and are drawn to the kind of men who shag whatever they can, whether or not their wife’s pregnant or sick or whatever, and more importantly they also admire a man who cheats, steals, lies, doesn’t pay taxes etc, for his personal gain.

The idea that these revelations would cause Johnson to automatically fall in the esteem of the public is quaint, imo.
I think the admiration is for a man who gets away with it, who never has to deal with any consequences. So it’s self perpetuating.
One spec of good news is that Cameron thought he'd make $60 million from his shares in a crooked lobbying company. So he naturally asked Sunak to give it favourable treatment. The firm went bust and his shares are worthless. David Cameron ‘told friends he would make $60m from Greensill deal’ (You can breach The Times' paywall with the Bypass Paywall by Adam extension iamadamdev - Overview Easy to install with Firefox, a bit fiddly with Chrome.)

Hot off the press, a useful reaction to the Mirror story. The Guardian ran this about an hour ago: Johnson does have case to answer over Jennifer Arcuri, says chair of standards panel

"Claer Lloyd-Jones, a lawyer who chaired the 2010 panel into Johnson’s affair with Macintyre, said Johnson does have questions to answer.

Speaking to the Guardian, she said: “It sounds from what she [Arcuri] is alleging that there was an interest to declare but the evidence hasn’t been presented. If he is going to continue to say there was no interest to declare, someone has got to make a decision about it. I would certainly like to know what he has got to say about it.”

Johnson is expected to be asked to appear before the London assembly’s oversight committee when it resumes its inquiry into the allegations later this year."

Back
Top Bottom