Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jennifer Arcuri spills the beans about 4 year affair with Johnson

Blaming the woman in these situations is something of a trope -- I'm surprised you're not familiar with it.

Also not quite sure what my 'bullshit' is?

You are the one that is saying I'm blaming her alone. Or are you saying that she has zero responsibility in this?

Your bullshit is that.

Think this might be one of those where people can see the posts and judge for themselves. No point in a protracted argument about it.

I was commenting on a lazy and all too common trope. You're getting very defensive and aggressive about being on being pulled up on it...

It is what I believe about what she did. It seems fair enough to me. It irritated me that you wish to trot out your THIS IS TROPE just because it's your thing. Nothing to do with me or what I said. All about you.

Like I said, take your bullshit somewhere else.

It's old news and the tittle-tattle in the Mirror doesn't add enough to threaten Johnson's majority, because Starmer gets more feeble every week. Johnson is as secure as Putin. The only opposition he cares about is the lunatic fringe of his own party.

It's old news and the tittle-tattle in the Mirror doesn't add enough to threaten Johnson's majority, because Starmer gets more feeble every week. Johnson is as secure as Putin. The only opposition he cares about is the lunatic fringe of his own party.
if you bothered reading the tittle-tattle (or indeed this thread) you'd find out he's facing a standards inquiry by the gla where his vaunted majority matters not a jot. incidentally, he isn't as secure as putin.

I read the story and I started the thread. In my opinion the standards inquiry will come to nothing. Why don't you take a break from manufacturing opportunities to sneer at people? Maybe stop being a prick?

I read the story and I started the thread. In my opinion the standards inquiry will come to nothing. Why don't you take a break from manufacturing opportunities to sneer at people? Maybe stop being a prick?
Starting a thread has no bearing on having read it - the information doesn't flow into your mind by osmosis, you know. And you've shown scant sign of having read the story and even less of having understood it. There is in conclusion no need for me to manufacture opportunities to sneer when you seem quite happy to offer them up on a plate

That's a bit unwarranted.

Maybe they will come to nothing; maybe they won't. But is that any reason not to be glad that they are at least in prospect?

The process of dislodging Johnson/this (as Pickman's model would put it, nefandous) government is going to be a death of a thousand cuts. No one assault will prevail, but he will almost inevitably eventually become such a political liability as a result of a tide of further allegations, that we might hope the Tory Party tears itself to pieces as it tries to deal with the consequences.

Starting a thread has no bearing on having read it - the information doesn't flow into your mind by osmosis, you know. And you've shown scant sign of having read the story and even less of having understood it. There is in conclusion no need for me to manufacture opportunities to sneer when you seem quite happy to offer them up on a plate
You're Editor's sock puppet. Back on ignore you go.

Humour me, there are some pretty big "ifs" in this which are likely to be whitewashed, but...

The GLA are investigating Johnson's actions in relation to Arcuri and the money & access he granted her as London Mayor. If (one of the big "ifs") he was found guilty of behaving improperly, what are the consequences? What authority does the GLA have in administering punishment?

Secondary question - if (again...) this hearing were to turn up that he misled the IOPC inquiry (which found no criminal case to answer) in that it was predicated on them having a personal friendship rather than the sordid, tawdry, amoral affair it clearly was (and is now public knowledge), what are the consequences? Re-opening of the IOPC inquiry, potential for a criminal case after all?

I know that the real world likely consequences are a boost in the polls amongst those who see "Bonking Boris" as a bit of a lad, but I want to know what's within the authority of the investigating bodies. Campaigning for his immediate execution, whilst desirable would be counterproductive - not going to happen. What are the maximum sanctions which can be followed through?

This will do him no harm at all but it really should.
Should it?

I thought what Bill Clinton did with his penis had nothing to do with his successful running of America.

What Boris does with his penis has nothing to do with the wrecking of ours.

He should be judged on his professional incompetence not his romantic incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom