Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

It seems it is the 100th running of the Le Mans 24 hours

some dedication to the race weltweit

great coverage :)
I do love this event, proper team sport (27 pits stops for example so far) and the drama, last night the #51 Ferrari was beached in the kitty litter and it looked like its race was run but this morning - hey what - it is in the lead!

Anyhow dedication has to pause for a bit as I have to do some shopping ! Back later :) Feel free to post away though Ax^ your knowledge would add to the thread!

Reactions: Ax^
ah just about to get back to moving so will have to stop watching the race shortly
hoep the shopping stint is short for you weltweit

Brendon Hartley in the second placed Toyota overtook a car on a yellow, not for position but he could get a drive through penalty for it.

Complicated

Actually the race finishes at 3pm UK time and the shops shut at 4pm so I think I will postpone my shopping trip and do it later.

I don't want to miss the drama like I did last night.

Really want to know what happened to the #50 Ferrari I was following which was in the lead when my broadband went down and was 6 laps down when I logged back in at 6am.

Also how the #51 Ferrari got from being stuck in the gravel trap last night to its present position in the lead!

And it seems S Buemi Toyota went out shortly after my connection was cut, don't know who they hit but I think it was an accident with a car from one of the slower classes.

About 3 hours of racing left

So they have been racing for 21 hours and the fastest two cars are separated by just 10 seconds!!

It is between the largest car maker in the world Toyota and Ferrari one of the premium brands in sports cars.

The Button Chevrolet is in the pits fitting a new gearbox :(.
Button was in the car when the gearbox failed so they can blame it on him :)

Oh dear the #50 Ferrari seems to be limping into the pits perhaps only on electric

He made it to his garage but it doesn't look promising

back on track now and seeming ICE is working

Last edited:
Wow Brendon HARTLEY in the second placed #8 Toyota has just done a 3:27 lap - his fastest lap so far.

I wonder how long the soft slicks will last?

If the #50 Ferrari ( laps down ) could get between the leading Ferrari (#51) and the Toyota it could slow the Toyota up ..

Probably unlikely :(

Apparently this is happening

Last edited:
There seems extra kudos to a win on the 100th running of the Le Mans 24 hour

Ferrari had pole on the 50th race and now the 100th running also so they must have their finger crossed, and their legs for that matter but it certainly isn't in the bag.

The Toyota on soft tyres is plenty quick and HARTLEY is pushing as hard as he can.

Toyota have a driver change, fuel and no tyres ..

Tyres have been on for one stint ..

They should have 2 more pits to do and perhaps have 2 sets more tyres left

The new Toyota driver is Ryo HIRAKAWA

I have no idea about him, anyone know?

Apparently there is a senior Ferrari executive arrived in the Ferrari pits, they must have everything crossed that they can make it to the finish in first.

With the Toyota being repaired in the pits it is looking hopeful but there is still a long way to go.

Just an hour and a half left of racing

Car #51 Ferrari in the lead

Toyota in 2nd in pits being repaired

There is still some stress for Ferrari because for example their #50 car which was an early leader seems to have some faults and is six laps behind. It is identical to the lead car (I assume) so Ferrari team must be praying for a fault free last hour and a half for their #51 car.

And stranger things have happened looking back down the years, I can remember a leading Porsche bursting into flames in the lead and in the remaining hour odd of the race. And there is always the risk of an accident passing slower cars with tired drivers et al. Probably many more things can go wrong than I can think of .. fingers crossed, I would like Ferrari to win.

Last edited:
RLM having a discussion, talking about distances, this may not be one of the longest distances covered over the race because of the many full course yellows and safety cars. There have been years where it rained the whole time and they were relatively short compared to races where it was dry the whole time.

The leading Ferrari has now done 316 laps with a little over an hour to race.

The track distance is about 8.5 miles so they have done about 2,686 miles so far

And I suppose 2,686 miles in 23 hours is an average of 117 miles an hour including pit stop and yellow flags and safety cars,

Can that be right?

Sasaferrato what do you think?

Actually my leader-board is slow, they did more laps than that in 23 hours. It seems the chart is slow to update.

Last edited:
The #50 Ferrari seems to be locked in a slow zone, been that way for some minutes now, no idea what happened to make the officials make this zone and I suppose it is track wide.

Oh, it is a safety car .. what a pain .. takes the pressure off the leader to race

Back
Top Bottom