Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

It seems it is the 100th running of the Le Mans 24 hours

A Cadillac (No 3) is off on Lap 1 and there is damage and a safety car will be out

He lost the back end emerging from the first Mulsanne chicane and drove into the armco

He managed to get the car back to the pits in 5 minutes despite bad damage to the front left quarter of the car

Crazy to be going over your limits on lap 1 :(

Last edited:
Seb Buemi Toyota (The current leader) seems to have lost his recharge braking, pit radio caught him discussing it with his pits, no electric recharge, normal braking very difficult lacking power

Toyota team says they can't get good telemetry to assess the situation while the car is so slow behind a safety car

Last edited:
and some more:

Fuel and tyres
View attachment 378357

Loved No 64, such nice graphics, think it may have been an NSX Honda
View attachment 378358

Carbon brakes
View attachment 378359

A weary marshall in the morning
View attachment 378360

Plenty of photographers in and outside the barriers
View attachment 378361

A happy Frenchman :) no idea why he is so happy
View attachment 378362

One of the under track tunnels with hobbits in it :)
View attachment 378363

Nice Vantage in a suitable colour
View attachment 378365

Couple of German cars
View attachment 378366

Finally an Audi promotions woman who was happy to pose.
View attachment 378369
Second pic looks like a Saleen...

Back racing and it seems the Buemi Toyota has sorted its braking because it is holding the lead in front of the two Ferrari

3:29 laps times, 4 top cars within 3:30

A dry track at the moment - everyone on slicks

Ferrari 50 pitted for fuel and on return is now down the order

The view from the 50 car video feed might now be more interesting as it works its way through the slower cars

Leading No 8 S Buemi Toyota just pitted from the lead for fuel and tyres

No attention to the brakes

Radio Le Mans is saying that it doesn't seem Toyota will be able to run away with it this year because of good challenges from Ferrari and Porsche

hmm so eurosports is doing the tv show not sky

damn hard to find a stream for it
At the moment I have radio Le Mans and the view (and sound) from the 50 Ferrari on Youtube
it is as much info as I could need so far

Reactions: Ax^
hmm any signed of jenson and the mad nascar yet :)
Radio Le Mans haven't mentioned them yet but perhaps they will do either hourly or bi hourly updates and they should talk about it there. There are a couple of podcasts about it on the front page of the Radio Le Mans web page :)

Actually I can't find them now, I think I linked to one of them upthread.

Last edited:
The Hypercars hybrid power trains are interesting.

I might see if I can find out more about that.
There is a bit about it here
But not very technical and it says electrical power / braking is optional not mandatory unless I misread it

Quite a lot of info on Wikipedia here Le Mans Hypercar - Wikipedia

More info here: What are LMH and LMDh? The top Le Mans 24 Hours series explained

Last edited:
Sebastian Buemi Toyota still leading and still complaining about his brake systems .. electric not working properly

They are doing hourly updates

2.5 hours in

Lead Toyoto Seb Buemi 33 laps

2nd NO 6 Porsche

3rd Toyota

4 Porsche

5 - 50 AF Corsa

LMP2 Jota leading by nearly a minute

GTE Am Porsche in top 3 places

NO mention of Button and his American muscle car I am afraid Ax^ :) :(

• Sad
oh that might because its in a clase of it own but they moved it up behind the lmp2 car as it was too quick :cool:

Rain yay but have to go out again enjoy

Rain at Arnage and wider round the circuit

Cars are diving into the pits for wet tyres

Safety car is out ..

The No 50 Ferrari seems to be staying out on slicks despite slow zones .. I think they are hoping the track will dry up quickly, it is 22C atm and humidity is high

Last edited:
Jensen Button is going out in the Chevrolet Camaro American Muscle car :) in the wet

I think the 50 off Ferrari which is now in the lead might be regretting staying out on slicks as he is driving through a rain storm!

50 Ferrari is in the pits, fuel and wet tyres

And for the moment Peugeot is in the lead ..

What .. Need to check things

The French will be happy

Full safety car conditions

Last edited:
Button's Chevrolet is in front of the 50 Ferrari I am following and because they are under yellow and safety car it can't overtake. The Chevy is massive :)

Still running under safety car conditions, raining still at bottom of Mulsanne, Ferrari 50 is still on wets but 5 other cars have pitted and changed onto slicks hoping they will be ready when the track dries out, which they hope will coincide with the safety car coming in.

Long way to go.

It is quite complicated because there are 3 safety cars spread around the circuit. It isn't clear to me that one could pit and get out again behind the same safety car, dropping back to the next one would lose time at the restart.

Looks like the 50 Ferrari has pitted for cut slicks (intermediates) .. back out now

Last edited:
Peugeot 93 car out at Mulsanne - being recovered. (not the Peugeot that is in the lead)

Still a bit of a disaster around the track even under safety car.

Apparently they are preparing to go back to green flag racing.

It seems they have a very complicated system of removing two safety cars and then letting the racecars re group and reorder behind the last safety car. It seems very complicated.

The final safety car is now in 4 hours and 18 minutes gone in the race.

Trying to find a leader board so I can see who is where.

Lots of websites listing some stuff but I can't find a simple chart of who is in front and who following.

Back
Top Bottom