Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

It seems it is the 100th running of the Le Mans 24 hours

Ferrari #51 had a slow lap in the lead - more than 4 mins
while Ferrari #50 is now up to 4th and lapping in the - oh also 4 mins :)

Peugeot Nico MULLER in 2nd just did a 3:40 at this rate we might have a new leader in the night and a local favourite

Reactions: Ax^
Damn my video feed from the #50 4th placed Ferrari seems to have come to an end.

Disappointed

Nope, got it back, he is in the pits, perhaps they didn't want to show secrets .. :) :(

Drops to 5th place because of the pit stop

100 laps behind them now

• Wow
It is quite tricky to follow the leader board because cars keep popping into the pits and it looks like they have lost track position but then the car in front of them must also pit ..

I think there is a lot more overtaking past a pitted car at the moment than there is overtaking on the track.

That said, there is a Toyota #07 being driven by Kamui Kobayashi is now in second place and looking fast

Drama

The leading #51 Ferrari has had contact with another car and is beached in the gravel somewhere ..

Looks a bit desperate .. hoping to be rescued

Hmm, I had technical problems last night, broadband went off so I decided to get some sleep.

Catching up now ..

Ferrari #50 seems to be stationary in the pits, driver is in but car is not moving ..

Will check out the leaderboard

In the lead is Toyota #08

2nd #51 Ferrari, ( Just 7 seconds behind) what a comeback that must have been as last I saw it was beached in a gravel trap and unable to move

3rd #02 Cadillac racing

These 3 cars have done 202 laps

Ferrari #50 which I have been following has left the pits and is back on the track now in what seems to be a slow zone or perhaps full course yellow, Perhaps I can see where it is placed now ...

Yep, Car #50 is running again but is now in position tenth and is 6 laps down on the leaders ..

Something must have happened during the night to that car, what a shame

Both the two leading cars pit

Toyota needs new nose - Ferrari '51 could take the lead in the pits possibly

Yes, Ferrari #51 emerges from pits in the lead ..

Toyota couldn't work on the nose while they were refuelling

Local favourite flying the flag for France Peugeot #93 is now in position 6th, 2 laps down on the leaders

There must have been plenty of drama in the night !!

Yes, it seems it is a full course yellow,
there are vehicles on track looks like perhaps repairing some armco which might have been damaged

#50 car interview had (unspecified) problem in night, running well but down, they will continue

Might have been a technicaal problem then ..

#50 Ferrari is up to 8th but still 6 laps down on the leaders

And the leader is still Car #51 Ferrari now some 40 seconds in front of the #08 Toyota which is now being driven by Sebastien Buemi

Car #50 just did a 3:27 lap

It isn't going to get them back into contention for the lead but they are in 7th place still 6 laps down on the leaders

Time for some more pictures from 2003.

At the end of the race there is a mad rush for the exits for Brits who don't have Monday as a holiday are trying to get to the ferries. Some even leave before the end. This year we decided to leave early and stop at a cafe and watch the cars come by in case there was anything special.

Here are some of the Brits making their way home:

Nice TVR don't know what type ..
DSCF1552w.jpg

Bently
DSCF1556w.jpg

Ducati
DSCF1558w.jpg

Don't know and badge is blurry, my guess is another Bentley
DSCF1559w.jpg

I have no clue what this is :)
DSCF1562w.jpg

That is a Noble
DSCF1563w.jpg

E-Type Jag
DSCF1570w.jpg

DSCF1572w.jpg

I have no idea what this car is but the passenger had a high power water gun and sprayed the whole of the cafe with water as they came past. :) And there were otherw with the spraying :)
DSCF1573w.jpg

Lovely old red Porsche
DSCF1576w.jpg

E Type
DSCF1580w.jpg

Aston Martin do make some handsome cars
DSCF1583w.jpg

She just got sprayed but doesn't yet realise where the water came from ..
DSCF1585w.jpg

Cobra, no idea if it is an original or a kit though
DSCF1591w.jpg

3 x TVR
DSCF1592w.jpg

No idea, is it a Lotus?
DSCF1593w.jpg

Another sprayer ,,, I managed to get out of the way this time ,,
DSCF1597w.jpg

No idea but definately American
DSCF1605w.jpg

This is a Mitsubishi (I can see by the badge) no idea otherwise though
DSCF1606w.jpg

Another Cobra
DSCF1607w.jpg

The Cafe got a proper soaking from this guy, lucky the weather was hot ...
DSCF1609w.jpg

Nice Ferrari
DSCF1612w.jpg

Looks a little like a Rolls Royce ,, not sure - can check
DSCF1614w.jpg

Young Bentley fans . IIRC Bentley won in 2003 .. :/
DSCF1617w.jpg

And finally this, anyone know what it is? :)
DSCF1618w.jpg

The two lead cars have both done 26 pit stops

And they, Ferrari #51 and Toyota #8 are separated by only 7 seconds with at the moment what seems to be another full course yellow.

5 hours of racing, too early to call and the Cadillac #2 is only 3 minutes behind them ready to pick up the pieces if the front two take each other off.

#51 is now 21 seconds in front of the Toyota. Looks like the Ferrari is just quicker than the one remaining Toyota.

There has been another crash out on the circuit - too many safety cars and yellow flags this year, lets the following cars catch up with the cars in front without justification. Wonder what they will do this time ..

Hendrick Motorsport Chevrolet #24 driven atm by Jenson Button is running in 34th out of 62 starters

His fastest lap so far is 3:50

Michael FASSBENDER is racing this year

1686477085321.png

FASSBENDER is currently in the #911 Proton Competition car and in 36th overall, fastest lap 3:53

On images he said he would prefer a Le Mans win to an Oscar :)

• Haha
RLM update

Alessandro PIER GUIDI likely to change for another pilot of the lead Ferrari #51

Toyota #8 in second place is also apparently to change from Brendon HARTLEY to another driver.

Neither of these changes seem to have been made yet.

Yes, so the lead Ferrari has changed drivers, now James CALADO is behind the wheel and because of that pit stop Toyota #8 is just 2 seconds behind.

It is going to be a proper race.

I don't know anything about James CALADO, is he fast?

Back
Top Bottom