Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

It seems it is the 100th running of the Le Mans 24 hours

Seem to be racing now but the #50 Ferrari seems to be being cautious.

RLM says it is in the pits now

They might be trying to align the #50 and the #51 on the track so they can finish together, even though the #50 is still 6 laps down.

It seems the #50 Ferrari at one point did a lap of 3:26.984 which might be the fastest lap of the race thus far.

Last lap was a 3:27 which isn't slow.

Reactions: Ax^
Porsche have had a disappointing race, not really featuring in the front.
Perhaps they did better in the other categories, I haven't found it easy to follow the other classes.

More drama

Lead Ferrari #51 pit for last time, they can't start the engine

They have to turn the engine off during refuelling

Massive stress, the Toyota is still coming round the track just 3 minutes behind..

Finally they manage to restart the car and it is away

That would have been something

They now only have a 50 second lead over the Toyota

Last edited:
So as long as the #51 Ferrari fuelled during their stop they should be good to the finish, in the other classes people are risking running on fumes as there are 4 laps to go now and they don't want to lose time in the pits.

Another thing that can go wrong, running out of fuel! :(

Apparently Ferrari managed to get both of their cars to cross the line together even though they were separated by 6 laps.

Reactions: Ax^
Quite a few tweets here, it is the official Le Mans twitter account

I really enjoyed this weekend's race, not as much as being there but behind my computer and with Radio Le Mans I was able to track the progress of the race quite well. Apart from some 6 - 7 hours of Saturday night / Sunday morning during which there must have been quite a lot of drama, if the changes in the leader board at 7am are to be believed.

Still my broadband failing meant I got some well needed sleep and I was not tempted to see the whole 24 hours which might have royally fucked my sleep patterns :)

All in all a great spectacle and 62 teams from around the world all competing in a gruelling race for the victory, and the dedication of the teams was illustrated by the Button car which with only a few hours left was valiantly fitting a new gearbox so their car could finish on track. No I don't know if they managed it, I hope so though.

Back
Top Bottom