Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is there a reason for the riots?

I would question whether you really are fine. Or just deluding yourself.
I would question whether there is even the slightest possibility of you posting something that isn't a total crock of shite, meself.
you've never met me, so these pitiful attempts to project some sort of superior sage-like wisdom is both pitiful and laughable.
who the fuck are you to play Freud, cap'n nomark?
e2a; is there ANy chance of you debating properly by rebutting the points I made that elicited this non-answer?

Please fuck off with your passive aggressive shite, you're a waffling cunt with delusions of adequacy. It seems I should listen to my drunken self more in future.

It'll be easier to listen when you remove your head from up your own arse.

What has been my essential point? That we all need to start listening and working together. We need to be less aggressive to people who are in similar situations. That tried and trusted methods haven't worked and we should be looking at fresh new ideas.

And, my word, what opposition it has faced.

The thing is I know that there is a fairly small group of posters and those that wannabe in that group who will be totally resistant to it. Personal issues or whatever.

There is no chance of ever changing their minds. Or even debating fairly and openly.

So you debate with that kind of person in the knowledge that the best you can do is give them rope to show how aggressively dismissive they are and use them as an example of your point.

So you wanna call me a cunt... fine. Point proved. Go have a drink. You earned it.

I would question whether there is even the slightest possibility of you posting something that isn't a total crock of shite, meself.
you've never met me, so these pitiful attempts to project some sort of superior sage-like wisdom is both pitiful and laughable.
who the fuck are you to play Freud, cap'n nomark?
e2a; is there ANy chance of you debating properly by rebutting the points I made that elicited this non-answer?

None whatsoever. All you did was whine and whinge... there was nothing to answer.

All you ever seem to do is whine and whinge.

Oh YEAH? How d'you work that out, then? You some sorta medical guru then?
or are you just talking your usual meaningless, pointless bollocks?

Because I think you're getting wound up over perceived insults that aren't always there. And you are writing post after whiney post calling me all kinds of things.

That's just not good for your blood pressure.

Not that I care. Was just sharing.

I think it's because you post like a particular sort of buddhist- I'm not trying to cuss you here even, I've worked out that we disagree on many points and you'll not be changing your philosophical outlook based on me giving it the rhetoric of class struggle. In what you say there is nuggets of correct analysis, but to my mind you dress it up in some kind of self-help manual style that makes me think of social workers. I even imagine you do the voice that they have, the soothing neutral tone.

I think you identify the fundemental effects and somehow defer the fundemental causes to personal responsibility. I may be reading you wrong, I'm not Mr. Clever so I often do read people wrong. Anyway. Way off topic. Sliante

I think it's because you post like a particular sort of buddhist- I'm not trying to cuss you here even, I've worked out that we disagree on many points and you'll not be changing your philosophical outlook based on me giving it the rhetoric of class struggle. In what you say there is nuggets of correct analysis, but to my mind you dress it up in some kind of self-help manual style that makes me think of social workers. I even imagine you do the voice that they have, the soothing neutral tone.

I type exactly how I speak. Do you think I don't know how incredibly frustrating that is for people used to demanding others to answer as requested?

Of course I know. But I'm not changing. Because it filters out those people quite quickly.

There's no dressing up... if anything it's dressing down because I try to convey a lot in as few words as possible. That way you find out who likes to read and think... and who likes everything spelled out for them.

I think you identify the fundemental effects and somehow defer the fundemental causes to personal responsibility. I may be reading you wrong, I'm not Mr. Clever so I often do read people wrong. Anyway. Way off topic. Sliante

There is a component of personal responsibility. It may seem sometimes that I am deferring the causes. But that's because I am arguing against people who think it's always someone else's fault. Who take no responsibility. In that extremis of argument it's easy to lose track of the bigger picture.

Alternatively, one might say there is no "fault". There is only cause and effect. Free will is an illusion, since every choice we make is only made in the context of our own personal experiences and history. If we had the same choice again in the same circumstances at the same time then we would choose the same way, so whence this "free will"?

It's a bugger, really.

The closest you can get to free will is the ability to analyse your choices and decide based on the outcome and your motives... whether you would make them like that again.

Something doesn't have to be your fault for you to take responsibility for it... or ensuring that you change it.

The closest you can get to free will is the ability to analyse your choices and decide based on the outcome and your motives... whether you would make them like that again.

Something doesn't have to be your fault for you to take responsibility for it... or ensuring that you change it.
what are you going to change about yourself over the next six months?

If you're looking for a serious answer... then it is this:

I have to continue and work harder at what I am doing. I believe it will make a difference. There is not much time and no room for error.

Alternatively, one might say there is no "fault". There is only cause and effect. Free will is an illusion, since every choice we make is only made in the context of our own personal experiences and history. If we had the same choice again in the same circumstances at the same time then we would choose the same way, so whence this "free will"?

It's a bugger, really.
that's almost getting into Insha'Allah.

are you one of them muslimists? :hmm:

We will either hug or not hug as has already been predetermined by the starting state of the universe.

Back
Top Bottom