Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is that detective_boy in the new Labour Party ad?

A former high ranking met officer who often talked of his still continuing links to powerful people in the legal system sending PM's to posters threatening to sue them is not gentle rain - it's putting the frighteners on. It's poison for a discussion forum. As i suspect you would agree if the posters he disliked didn't crossover so frequently with the ones you dislike.
I didn't know about the pms -but even then... Would you really take that kind of threat seriously? Some random internet threatens to sue? There are much more frightening and realistic threats bandied about on the internet all the time (violence against women), in comparison this is laughable. Posters I dislike? I think you have an odd, self-generated idea of who I dislike. But if you are saying that the bold and fearless keyboard warriors of p&p were crying themselves to sleep from detective boys lame threats... Then they really aren't made of the kind of metal needed to man the revolutionary barricades.

Was he high ranking?

I remember DB jumping on me massively and throwing the toys out of the pram just for some comments I made about policing Notting Hill Carnival once. I came away with the feeling he'd be able to get somebody convicted for something they never even did :hmm:

I remember DB jumping on me massively just for some comments I made about policing Notting Hill Carnival once. I came away with the feeling he'd be able to get somebody convicted for something they never even did :hmm:
He ranted at me for not pressing charges at a couple of kids who threatened me with a toothpick sized knife when they were pissed.

I didn't know about the pms -but even then... Would you really take that kind of threat seriously? Some random internet threatens to sue? There are much more frightening and realistic threats bandied about on the internet all the time (violence against women), in comparison this is laughable. Posters I dislike? I think you have an odd, self-generated idea of who I dislike. But if you are saying that the bold and fearless keyboard warriors of p&p were crying themselves to sleep from detective boys lame threats... Then they really aren't made of the kind of metal needed to man the revolutionary barricades.

Was he high ranking?
Yes he was very senior. I think you've just demonstrated the truth of the second part of the post i replied to.

Of course, you don't know how many posters received the threats to sue nor the extent to which they did take them seriously. Given the wide range of police corruption, fits ups, violence and general bad behaviour allied with a willingness to call in personal and professional favours that we've seen highlighted on here and elsewhere from the police over the last decade then i think taking seriously a threat from an aggressive well connected one would not be entirely pusillanimous.

I'm pretty sure threats are against the rules regardless of their plausibility. And anyone who keeps an eye on the police knows all too well the lengths coppers are willing and able to go to to ruin the lives of those they dislike.

That's the organisation, sure. I'm just talking about individuals.

And my position is that it doesn't matter if you're the nicest bloke the baby Jesus ever placed upon the earth, if you work for a racist organisation then you are racist. You are responsible for the acts of those with whom you willingly associate. If joint enterprise is sauce for the goose then it's sauce for the gander.

Yes he was very senior. I think you've just demonstrated the truth of the second part of the post i replied to.

Of course, you don't know how many posters received the threats to sue nor the extent to which they did take them seriously. Given the wide range of police corruption, fits ups, violence and general bad behaviour allied with a willingness to call in personal and professional favours that we've seen highlighted on here and elsewhere from the police over the last decade then i think taking seriously a threat from an aggressive well connected one would not be entirely pusillanimous.
I don't dispute that it's good to be wary of police and ex police. But the messages on here and the posts, are all recorded.

I think you take these threats too seriously because you take yourselves too seriously.

Mettle, dear boy. Mettle.

Was he high ranking?

DCI/acting Superintendent.

Back
Top Bottom