Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

Fuck's sake. Musk the cunt has been given another pass because he's a rich piece of fucking shit. I very much doubt that he's actually started paying for what he owes.

According to this thread it appears to be a technical issue, yes folks it's another explanation but from someone who sounds like they know what they're talking about:

According to this thread it appears to be a technical issue, yes folks it's another explanation but from someone who sounds like they know what they're talking about:

The stuff about what rate limiting is and how it works is definitely accurate but the part where she says BEGIN PURE SPECULATION is, well... I mean sure it's believable but we have no idea.

I just get a generic error when I click on it, no account so was expecting a forced login screen instead get nothing but error

he’s been tweeting that the ‘rate limits’ are changing to whatever slightly bigger numbers, and for the first time I see absolutely no sign of his little army of adoring fans in the replies, it’s wall to wall wtf are you doing you imbecile.
Is it because his fanboys aren't able to post?

Meta is the only outfit I would trust less than Musk. 😆 The godawful state of Facebook makes me unwilling to jump into a new service run by the same people.
I have seen fucking spaceships easier to navigate and figure out than today's Facebook. I asked a colleague at work the other day if they were high when they said they wanted to sign up to it.

I have seen fucking spaceships easier to navigate and figure out than today's Facebook. I asked a colleague at work the other day if they were high when they said they wanted to sign up to it.
it's not so much ease of navigation but their cavalier attitude to your data that you need to be wary of. i am still on FB but only really because there's people on there that I would otherwise drop out of contact with. i do however have it locked down with Facebook Purity and Ublock origin and Privacy Badger Chrome/fFirefox extensions.

Last edited:
The only use I have for Facebook is because most small social groups use that instead of having an actual website for events, and insta to promote my ceramics

It’s an absolutely awful site to use and it’s loaded with adverts and spyware and you can’t even look at stuff chronologically

what the fuck.

:facepalm:

it's so pathetic (and extremely dangerous). How can I whip up a storm today? How can I provoke and whip things up. Fuck all the people who might take the advice, as long as it needles people.Never even enters his head who will read it, who might be affected by it.

You're 50 years old you sad wretched fuck, go out and yacht the carribean or something. I know I would if i was in his position. He's what happens when you really give a shit about "winning" online. He's no more sophisticated than an "Enlightened Centrist" or Alt Right wind bag Edgelord on a Subreddit. At least with those guys they kind of have an excuse...i.e. they are 17.

If you're logged into Facebook there is literally nothing you can do to stop it tracking you. That's why they want you logged in, and why Twitter is now insisting people log in.
that's why I have separate profiles for my fb accounts, any outside link gets copy/pasted into a text editor and fbclick info removed before going in a separate profile or incognito browser.
I also don't really go there that much anymore except to check on old friends I'd lose contact with otherwise

Well, meta are launching something linked to Instagram called threads on Thursday... I mean not that I remotely trust Zuckerberg, but at this point I think it's become more a case of just being careful of how you use social media, and understanding you are a product as well as a user. Then of course Bluesky might get off the ground properly at some point (I mean not that I remotely trust Dorsey etc...). We'll see, but bird app might be dodo app soonish.

Well, meta are launching something linked to Instagram called threads on Thursday... I mean not that I remotely trust Zuckerberg, but at this point I think it's become more a case of just being careful of how you use social media, and understanding you are a product as well as a user. Then of course Bluesky might get off the ground properly at some point (I mean not that I remotely trust Dorsey etc...). We'll see, but bird app might be dodo app soonish.

I got a promotion for Meta Verified the other day

I got a promotion for Meta Verified the other day
Heaven knows im miserable now
Morrissey-3-1392x884.jpg

It has the normal privacy issues we associate with Meta.

Meta will grab all your data.

It has the normal privacy issues we associate with Meta.

View attachment 381892

Sure but how is that relative to e.g twitter (current and future) or tiktok? Genuine question, at this point my use of that type of social media is pretty cautious regardless. The meta of it all may be a damper regardless, hard to make Zuckerberg products in, but instagram has a user base... So, who knows I guess.

Sure but how is that relative to e.g twitter (current and future) or tiktok? Genuine question, at this point my use of that type of social media is pretty cautious regardless. The meta of it all may be a damper regardless, hard to make Zuckerberg products in, but instagram has a user base... So, who knows I guess.
It's probably in line with them. Facebook is bigger though and they'll link it all together.

Better off away from the lot.

Even if you trust the current owners :hmm: any billionaire could buy it. Along with your data.

Back
Top Bottom