Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

they have buggered about with the options of what to see

View attachment 359511

'for you' means any old crap in random order

'following' has replaced the 'latest tweets' thing but seems to do the same thing
I'm on twitter cos that's where the local non-league football news is.

Lately, I've had "you might like" posts from US republicans, which I blocked and were replaced with US Democrats.

Presumably because I follow non league footie, I get, and I feel odd typing the word, ronaldo stuff, but tbh. I don't really need Messi stuff either. It's constant. The algorythm decides I'm a wolves fan. I block it, then get WBA,.

You pause over a Baseball post for a millisecond and you are inundated with baseball posts.
Lately I get one young (or at least middle aged), often East European, attractive, female, scantilly clad follower, every day. who I block and get a new one the next morning.

I do wish local non league footie would fine another home

I'm on twitter cos that's where the local non-league football news is.

Lately, I've had "you might like" posts from US republicans, which I blocked and were replaced with US Democrats.

Presumably because I follow non league footie, I get, and I feel odd typing the word, ronaldo stuff, but tbh. I don't really need Messi stuff either. It's constant. The algorythm decides I'm a wolves fan. I block it, then get WBA,.

You pause over a Baseball post for a millisecond and you are inundated with baseball posts.
Lately I get one young (or at least middle aged), often East European, attractive, female, scantilly clad follower, every day. who I block and get a new one the next morning.

I do wish local non league footie would fine another home

sorry - realised mine wasn't clear. if you select 'following' then you only see stuff (tweets + replies + re-tweets etc) from people you follow

which gets rid of a lot of the random crud

sorry - realised mine wasn't clear. if you select 'following' then you only see stuff (tweets + replies + re-tweets etc) from people you follow

which gets rid of a lot of the random crud
Puddy, I don't really know how to "use" twitter. I wasn't having a go at you, just commenting on my (limited ) use of it.

Puddy, I don't really know how to "use" twitter. I wasn't having a go at you, just commenting on my (limited ) use of it.

i'm not offended or anything - realised that what i put wasn't clear

i got a lot of random crap last time they changed how it worked until i found the equivalent

I'm continuing to get those odd followers in a daily basis - must have blocked quite a lot by now. The latest was apparently a 19-year old pole-dancer from Philadelphia.

they have buggered about with the options of what to see

View attachment 359511

'for you' means any old crap in random order

'following' has replaced the 'latest tweets' thing but seems to do the same thing (ETA - same thing as 'latest tweets' used to)
What's good about this is if you have lists then these show up too. Lists is really useful but previously awkward to access so this a big improvement.

For example make a list of journalists, music accounts, hate accounts etc etc

What's good about this is if you have lists then these show up too. Lists is really useful but previously awkward to access so this a big improvement.

lists?

is that for what other peoples' posts you can see, or what other people can see what you post?

Indeed. If you want the more complete quote from Marx that I was referring to, then, it would have been, “Men make their own history, but they do not make it as they please; they do not make it under self-selected circumstances, but under circumstances existing already, given and transmitted from the past.”

People make and remake their lives, but not in circumstances of their own choosing.
The tradition of all dead generations weighs like a nightmare on the brains of the living (insert cool smiley here)

Got to be the most quotable opening page of any work of history ever written

This picture made me giggle

e90yrsxic8ca1.jpg

So, Musk doesn’t seem to have done or said anything for the last week or so, is that right?

(Aside from lose more money than anyone ever, obv. But hasn’t said much about it..)

Back
Top Bottom