Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

but whose latest tweets would you see if you arent logged in? the whole worlds? (if the tab existed) - thousands of tweets posted from around the planet in the last second?

but whose latest tweets would you see if you arent logged in? the whole worlds? (if the tab existed) - thousands of tweets posted from around the planet in the last second?
latest tweets has disappeared as a way of sorting search results for non-account holders.

When you search “traffic in London” or “England football tragedy” or “explosion in New York” sorting the results by latest tweets let’s you get real time information on what’s happening instead of just whatever meme result is top according to twatters algorithm

It’s very very useful and now it’s gone

When you search “traffic in London” or “England football tragedy” or “explosion in New York” sorting the results by latest tweets let’s you get real time information on what’s happening instead of just whatever meme result is top according to twatters algorithm

just get a burner account and you'll have it back

That's probably what the people who removed that functionality are counting on. They desperately want more engagement on their platform, and I can easily see them thinking that making things less handy for visitors without accounts would be one way of doing that.

Yep, and it'll no doubt be a short step from pushing people to sign up to sending them endless emails saying, "We couldn't help noticing that you're still using Twitter Basic - here, have Twitter Blue for 6 months on us!*"

*valid credit card details must be entered to accept offer, after initial period Twitter Blue subscription will be charged monthly at regular price, which could change at any time. Accepting this offer means you have accepted Elon Musk as humanity's saviour and are volunteering for an unpaid internship of indefinite length in the Mars 1 colony, which may or may not be located in a bunker in Montana.

A while back someone on here introduced me to nitter, which is a fairly useful way of looking at twitter without an account. Although their search feature does tend to be a bit buggy, mind:

Much as I like seeing Musk get dumped on, that headline should really be "Musk only manages to make 50bn dollars in cash so far out of obvious speculation bubble (most of which he blew on buying an unprofitable social media platform)."

On a related note though, for folks who remember that early on in this modern theatrical farce Elon Musk demanded everyone come into work or be fired because of how it definitely affects productivity, creative collaboration etc ...

Twitter Tells Asia HQ Staff to Clear Desks, Work From Home
Twitter staff were informed via email Wednesday that they had until 5 p.m. to leave the CapitaGreen building and resume their duties remotely from Thursday

Turns out it was actually about the narcissistic urge to make everyone work directly in front of you to get that ego pumping and pretend you have a community, so if they're not local it doesn't matter nearly as much as offsetting utility bills (to staff).

Last edited:
Musk is still doing that weird thing where he agrees with an account that tweets his own bullshit quotes.

View attachment 359208

"Exactly, Mr. Musk, very well put. Finally, somebody who tells it like it is." :hmm:
This is a very bizarre nugget of his 'wisdom' isn't it.
The sage says that nobody actually has an opinion on anything at all, or an aim beyond their own little lives ever, all humans are just tribal idiots, left or right, take yr pick be one or the other.
An extremely strange view your fellow humans. Because he doesn't think this of himself presumably, he doesn't think he's bought into 'the right mind tribe'.

A man should be able to be a deluded and heartbroken arsehole in private, is my view on this whole stinking mess, and it's sad for him that he's been robbed of that chance. That this arsehole's delusions have been played out on this great big stage and will cause whatever damage to others is just a sad indictment of you know, us, and everything, he should never have been able to scam the world into getting this rich and this lonely in the first place.

A man should be able to be a deluded and heartbroken arsehole in private, is my view on this whole stinking mess,
Yes.

and it's sad for him that he's been robbed of that chance.
Say what?

That this arsehole's delusions have been played out on this great big stage and will cause whatever damage to others is just a sad indictment of you know, us, and everything, he should never have been able to scam the world into getting this rich and this lonely in the first place.
This is just bizarre. It's our fault that he's an arse who comes out with nonsense in public? :confused:

Yes.

Say what?

This is just bizarre. It's our fault that he's an arse who comes out with nonsense in public? :confused:
Not you and me personally sue, the whole shitshow we live in obvs. He's bang in the middle of a venn diagram of the internet capitalism & alienation isn't he, not that i'm crying for him.

And Musk? You seem to he saying he's the victim here which is bizarre.
Maybe i'm having a wayward melancholy / compassionate moment but yeah, he's not up to the job of evil genius is he. In a half-sane world he'd never have got to the extremity the ledge where he lives.

Well, we are all born into a world not of our making
True. I think it's just crossed a line for me where i feel sorry for his very obvious fuckupedness, the ex-richest man in the world.. Which doesn't mean I don't want him to ride the wave all the way down i still do, that's his narrative arc.

Back
Top Bottom