Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

It's the 'you are here' that gets me, not 'I am here because I'm a negative minded little scaredy cat' but 'you are..' like wake up sheeple!!11!

My life falls between a load of other books, all non fiction (plus a bit of poetry maybe)

So I'm at the intersection of ALL the dystopias? If I get to cherry-pick the best parts of all of them I think maybe I could come up with something vaguely OK. :D

yeah I could live with the matrix.
NiZwaWQ9QXBp

It's the 'you are here' that gets me, not 'I am here because I'm a negative minded little scaredy cat' but 'you are..' like wake up sheeple!!11!

My life falls between a load of other books, all non fiction (plus a bit of poetry maybe)
Spot on. It's the all knowingness, tipping the fedora. You silly folk, can't you see where you are?

Yeah, I don't think Musk spent more than a few seconds thinking about it, it's a meme that's been around for at least a few years with plenty of variations, all of which seem to fail as Venn diagrams.

View attachment 358607

The other one was technically wrong but you could see what they were trying to do.

This, on the other hand…
Is pretty special.

“For the last several months, the local media have saturated this district with biased and negative stories about Mr. Musk,” attorney Alex Spiro wrote in a court filing. Those news items have personally blamed Musk for recent layoffs at Twitter, Spiro wrote, and have charged that the job cuts may have even violated laws.
Personally blame him for layoffs because he personally made the decision, perhaps? :(

Even if none of the Teslas catch fire, I could still see an accident in one of those narrow single-lane tunnels being a nightmare to sort out. Apparently there are no maintenance or escape tunnels down there. Could be a tragedy waiting to happen.

You can imagine one of the fanboys frantically reaching for their phone to tweet about how much of a genius Elon is before they’re barbecued to death.

Back
Top Bottom