Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
That's a totally mad interpretation. This graph is very honestly plotted, in the sense that the timeline across the bottom is constant, and the y-axis starts at 0. And it shows a distinctly different, and far higher, annual pattern that starts very precisely at the start of the EU referendum campaign. The graph provides strong evidence for exactly the opposite of what you claim.

And every July since then we've been having an annual reenactment of Brexit induced hate crime. And it's just a coincidence that prior to the referendum, every year sees hate crime peak in July.

I tell you what, I'll bet you anything we see a peak in July this year and also next. How much you want to bet?

And every July since then we've been having an annual reenactment of Brexit induced hate crime. And it's just a coincidence that prior to the referendum, every year sees hate crime peak in July.

I tell you what, I'll bet you anything we see a peak in July this year and also next. How much you want to bet?
That's not the point. The low points today are higher than the peaks pre brexit. The rise in hate crime due to brexit wasn't just a brief spike but a general rise across the year. Surely you can see that from your graph?

That's not the point. The low points today are higher than the peaks pre brexit. The rise in hate crime due to brexit wasn't just a brief spike but a general rise across the year. Surely you can see that from your graph?
They have also made the argument that the general increase is due to increased reporting/recording. I don't get why so many are missing that point.

I have no idea how true this is. I suspect it is probably a bit of both an actual increasing and an increase in recording. But people do seem intent on ignoring the actual argument being made.

They have also made the argument that the general increase is due to increased reporting/recording. I don't get why so many are missing that point.

I have no idea how true this is. I suspect it is probably a bit of both an actual increasing and an increase in recording. But people do seem intent on ignoring the actual argument being made.
Yet the step change in the graph starts precisely at the point the ref campaigning started.

I suspect that the increase is probably greater than what is shown in the graph. I know 4 people who experienced street racism for the first time in their lives after the referendum result, including a really horrific situation where a group of young men verbally abused my niece and her daughter, which was enough to make her leave London. Happily she is back now but had to spend ages arranging a three way home swap. Plus it's not just the direct incidents that affect people. The feeling of not being welcome and of your contribution to the country being dismissed and replaced with the scrounger / job stealer has been hard to deal with for some people I know.

Look here's a graph though. It shows there's been spikes in hate crime before so the victims must be OK with it because it's normal and they should be grateful to have a chance to live here.

I think it's entirely plausible to link the Brexit vote to a rise in racism.

However, I also think a vote to Remain could equally have been plausibly linked to a rise in racism. As, I suspect, a refusal to hold a referendum in the first place could've been.

The conditions were already there.

However, I also think a vote to Remain could equally have been plausibly linked to a rise in racism. As, I suspect, a refusal to hold a referendum in the first place could've been.

The EU and it's actions are directly related to the rise of right-wing racism in the EU - i'm an internationalist and so oppose this. I'm not a little-enflander non-racist.

Easy this stuff isn't it. Of course, it ignores or hides how and why racism is produced in favour of either apolitical childish-priest positions that simply assert personal moral purity like some pathetic trendy liberal vicars pogrom, or openly argues that that what is and has always driven racism doesn't.

The people who say 'oh no wheres my nice tolerant country gone everything was fine before' are the worst kind of idiots but surely this isn't even something that needs to be argued about.
Presume most people have seen this already but a good little example of how of course nobody turned racist overnight but they have become louder.

View attachment 197431

If that’s for real then it’s shitty and I say if because there’s always a possibility that it’s a hoax.

Calm heads and all that.

If that’s for real then it’s shitty and I say if because there’s always a possibility that it’s a hoax.

Calm heads and all that.

Let’s hope the police find the culprit/s.

think you can also link it to the banking Crisis and the austarity that result from it..

racism raises as people pockets start to tighten and start looking around for people to blame for it as it cannot be their fault

also easy to manipulate people into the idea that immigrates are getting a better deal than other people..

It will get worse

think you can also link it to the banking Crisis and the austarity that result from it..

racism raises as people pockets start to tighten and start looking around for people to blame for it as it cannot be their fault

also easy to manipulate people into the idea that immigrates are getting a better deal than other people..

It will get worse

It's important to hear people's concerns and direct that anger up at the government. It can be done.

A spokesman for Nissan Europe said: "We deny such a contingency plan exists.

"We’ve modelled every possible ramification of Brexit and the fact remains that our entire business both in the UK and in Europe is not sustainable in the event of WTO tariffs.

"We continue to urge UK and EU negotiators to work collaboratively towards an orderly balanced Brexit that will continue to encourage mutually beneficial trade

LOL.

Back
Top Bottom