Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

International Cricket

It's a shame. Steve Smith ought to be an all-time great. His stats are astounding and he's carried his team on many occasions, not least in this test, which Australia would probably have lost without him.

But he's such a tosser.

Yep. He's as extraordinarily bad at cheating as he is extraordinarily good at batting. He should be someone I'm looking forward to watching for a few more years yet but tbh I'm quite looking forward to his demise and retirement.

Not saying that's coming anytime soon. I'm saying it's a shame his cuntitude makes me think like that.

It's a shame. Steve Smith ought to be an all-time great. His stats are astounding and he's carried his team on many occasions, not least in this test, which Australia would probably have lost without him.

But he's such a tosser.

Yeah, its become apparent the sandpaper incident was not just an aberration. Its just the most egregious example in a bad pattern of behaviour. That big cry baby routine always looked self-serving and its become obvious it was. Sorry for himself because they got caught.

I have such a massive dislike of Tim Paine. I can't remember disliking a aussie player this much for so long. He's so fake and smarmy off the pitch, yet on the pitch he's just a mouth, unpleasant and unfunny little shit and all this whilst barely being grade standard let alone international. Can't bat and can't keep and only in the role to make the team look less like a bunch of unpleasant cunts in post match interviews. Wade is a cunt but he's a hundred times better with the bat and gloves than Paine.

Some people hate Nathan Lyon. I don't. He's in your face and competitive but what you see is what you get and at least he has been a decent and reliable performer and worthy of his position. Paine is just terrible and a fake in every regard.

I don't hate Lyon. I laugh when things go wrong for him, but I don't hate him, and I think he's a decent bowler. I think he's probably a bit of a victim of the team culture, and if he played for, say, NZ, he'd be very different.

I do get some of the Aus team culture. Historically getting one over on the haughty English colonial overlords and bonding over that. But a lot of it now - the mystical victory song, the sacred Baggy Green - rings very hollow. They're both bad winners and bad losers.

I think Lyon is maybe one of those you decide isn't that bad when they've retired and you hear them talk about their careers. Like Glenn McGrath for example.

Yeah McGrath always comes across as a decent guy. Very much the anti-Warne in that regard.

Tim Paine's behaviour just makes me think that he knows he doesn't warrant a place in the team on merit and is only there because they needed a placeholder captain. His primary school sledging of India was just dripping with insecurity.

Intriguing final day in store in Brisbane if it doesn't rain (which it probably will, sadly).

Australia are not that strong at the moment. Certainly nothing to be scared of - failing to dominate what is effectively India's B team. Next year, if England can score enough runs against the Aus bowling attack, they can definitely take 20 wickets.

1611041991895.png

Blimey!

Well, that was worth getting up early for.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

India win with a whole 18 runs balls to spare. Brilliant.

(edited to correct idiotic mistake :facepalm:)

Last edited:
No no no. Paine is exactly the right man.

First time Aus have lost at the Gabba since 1988. India's bowling attack had about 8 caps between them.

Really impressive from India to come back from being bowled out for 36 and with most of their top players missing. They've got some strength in depth haven't they - I can't see any other team being able to do that with so many missing.

BTW I saw a few quotes from Tim Paine earlier and he regularly referred to Lyono. Maybe they intended to pick the Thundercat for this match...

Poor old Nathan Lyon. He's centre stage for all Australia's best defeats, isn't he?

Two full fifth days to bowl on and just four wickets. Not a good series for him.

I don't know what's better, India beating Australia at The Gabba, to win one of the best series' ever, or Tim Paine looking like the biggest dickhead in world sport.

I don't know what's better, India beating Australia at The Gabba, to win one of the best series' ever, or Tim Paine looking like the biggest dickhead in world sport.
Just read that he missed a stumping off Pant as well.

Much as I'm impressed by India's back-up bowling attack (Siraj in particular has a big future), I'm most impressed by the batting from the second test onwards without Kohli. They all batted their own way, backed their own way and were backed by the rest. The Aus seamers are top drawer, and they couldn't bowl India out twice in any of the three tests.

Just read that he missed a stumping off Pant as well..

I've just watched the ten minute highlights on youtube. If you mean the ball Lyon bowled that went for four byes...off-break turned into a massive leg break off the pitch, beat everybody, he had no chance.

My God Pujara took one hell of a battering.

Pant - brilliant.

WTC wise, India now top, NZ second, Aus third. If their tour of SA is cancelled, Aus could miss out on the final because of four points deducted for a slow over rate. Oops.

England can still qualify in theory but need to beat SL first, then beat India. Long shot.

Back
Top Bottom