Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

International Cricket

That too, but to a much lesser extent. How many people out of the 4 million population in the west indies follow cricket any more?
They get good crowds in the Caribbean T20 thing. It's really about how many people with enough money to be advertised at rather than number of people per se. There are many Pakistanis who love cricket but Pakistani cricketers aren't paid a huge amount because the tv revenue is not there.

They get good crowds in the Caribbean T20 thing. It's really about how many people with enough money to be advertised at rather than number of people per se. There are many Pakistanis who love cricket but Pakistani cricketers aren't paid a huge amount because the tv revenue is not there.
So the average West Indian is poorer than the average Indian?

He was on a yellow. This is a red. If this means he need to get another yellow again before he's banned again, then yes you're right, it's tactical.

Do these things carry over into the World Cup though?

He was on a yellow. This is a red. If this means he need to get another yellow again before he's banned again, then yes you're right, it's tactical.

Do these things carry over into the World Cup though?

Dunno, presumably so because its just 2 times in 12 months.

I was making a football reference in that players yellow cards tot up so they might collect another soft yellow card so they are banned for a game of their choosing.

In fairness trying to set a field when the bowlers are going around the park can be time consuming. Lets face it, in white ball cricket the bowlers always go around the park these days.

So final squad as expected (and leaked yesterday):

Archer, Dawson, Vince in. Willey, Denley, Hales out.

Sounds right to me. Dawson instead of Denley in particular. Willey's essentially a victim of the shit kookaburra ball, which doesn't even swing when it's brand new. Have to think they're deskilling the bowlers with that ball - swing skills or no, you'll bowl the same.

Andre Russell. Anyone would have him in their one day team right now wouldn’t they. Best all-rounder in limited overs format, and I’m including wk/batsmen in that too Mr Dhoni.

I reckon they’re both set for great world cups. I also think it’s a shame it’s a near certainty neither has a chance of finishing on the winning team.

^

Though in other news, this World Test Championship is ridiculous. Sri Lanka get 60 points for that win. Australia got 24 for the first test against England.

^

Though in other news, this World Test Championship is ridiculous. Sri Lanka get 60 points for that win. Australia got 24 for the first test against England.
But the ashes is a five test series. This is a two test series. Without weighting matches the likes of sl and nz wouldn't stand a chance. What I think is a bit silly is that England's tour of NZ later this year doesn't count.

They've had to make compromises not least because India and Pakistan don't play each other. But I don't think it's a bad system.

But the ashes is a five test series. This is a two test series. Without weighting matches the likes of sl and nz wouldn't stand a chance. What I think is a bit silly is that England's tour of NZ later this year doesn't count.

They've had to make compromises not least because India and Pakistan don't play each other. But I don't think it's a bad system.

How about...not having a ‘world test championship’ at all. We seem to have survived without it up to now.

The weighting is stupid. Purely done on how many tests are played, which, as you say, is why SL get 60 points for that. There is no way there is any equivalence in that.

Andre Russell. Anyone would have him in their one day team right now wouldn’t they. Best all-rounder in limited overs format, and I’m including wk/batsmen in that too Mr Dhoni.

Sadly, particularly for those of us who first saw him play when he toured England nine years ago, there is a reason why, to date, Andre Russell has played only 56 one-day internationals, and a single test match:

West Indies gambled on Russell's knees and it hasn't worked

_107519950_andre_russell_reuters1.jpg

World Cup 2019: Russell bowled 19 out of a possible 40 overs across the four matches in which he was able to play, took five wickets and scored 36 runs across three innings.

Surgery a success, says Andre Russell (see here).

I wish him the best of luck

First test victory to Afghanistan in Bangladesh, which is no mean feat given who Bangladesh have beaten at home in recent years. Rashid Khan 11 wickets.
By a handsome margin of over 200 runs and despite rain wiping out most of the final day when they still needed to take the last 4 wickets.

Anyone trying the last20 NZ Eng - 2 all. Winner takes all etc. We went mental last one. It's pretty much half the real team, blood some. 1am.

Any cricket fans feeling out of sorts, do tune in to BBC 5 live now cos it's on and it's lovely you can almost pretend everything is normal. Can't explain just how comforting it is and I'm not even that bothered about being on lockdown.

Michael Holding comes off his long run and delivers some of his most lethal bouncers ... :

"Viewers watching England’s first Test of the summer were given an uncompromising alternative to cakes and sixes ...

Michael Holding's eloquence leads Sky's unflinching masterpiece on race

30531086-8501659-image-a-20_1594213757568.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

30528736-8502089-image-a-105_1594209803048.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

West Indies assistant coach Roddy Estwick also admitted Holding's words had made an impression on the West Indian dressing-room: 'It was good to see an icon of West Indies cricket come out and speak in such a strong and commanding way.'

Back
Top Bottom