Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Inside No 9......

Gives a whole new meaning to Inside No 9 :eek:
I missed that initially, my friend spotted it though and pointed it out, my son missed it too when he watched and asked me tonight if I'd spotted where it was so I told him, five minutes later he got it and started laughing

Just seen this weeks one and loved it. Typically dark and really funny too.

Psychoville fans are in for a treat, as David and Maureen return

E2A One of my favourite episodes ever.

Last edited:
So who were the people who rang the bell asking for the son just before the end?

It was the police enquiring about the hit and run. They think it’s going to be the loan shark but it’s the old bill That’s when you make the connection, when the two of them are talking about it in the kitchen.

I loved that one. The family dynamics were so beautifully written and played. The mum making the dress that of course the teen would not like. "Put them in the bottom cupboard - they're not for eating - they're for christmas". All those little details. Superb.

I absolutely love Inside No 9. It's the only show I am genuinely excited about for every episode. They are so creative and so brilliant. Every episode is different and interesting in it's own way and to sustain that level of creativity...well...they do bloody good.

I'm going to watch Sardines again right now because it's just so good. I may watch A Quiet Night in immediatetly afterwards because that's just amazing too. Those are the best ones IMO...but then you remember the one on the train...and the one in the hotel in iambic pantameter...and the call centre one...and the weird devil worship one...and you realise they are all great!

I still think Sardines will always be my favourite though.

Last edited:
Liked it. Not the best for me. A bit formulaic in that it was clear he was the grandson and would take his revenge. What form that revenge would take, however, kept me guessing til the end. The darkness and the sense of "where will this go?" was there and they are so clever at that. Still enjoyed watching as I always do

I continue to prefer last week's one because it was different and so beautifully constructed.

Like I've said already - they are amazing. I love their output - I think they are supremely talented and every time the show starts, I'm excited because I don't know where it is going to go. But their sensibility chimes with mine so I would say that. Same goes for Gatis. I come from the same place.

Last edited:
Liked it. Not the best for me. A bit formulaic in that it was clear he was the grandson and would take his revenge. What form that revenge would take, however, kept me guessing til the end. The darkness and the sense of "where will this go?" was there and they are so clever at that. Still enjoyed watching as I always do

I continue to prefer last week's one because it was different and so beautifully constructed.
That was the point of the episode though. To be fair I can only say that with confidence after listening to the BBC podcast today. They said initially it was got to be a whodunnit style tale but decided instead to show the fate of the disappeared magician right at the off, and making the story about misdirection instead.

Apparently apart from the floating chair, which was simply a crane lifting it up, the tricks/ devices used by the young magician to pull it off do exist. They employed some professional magicians as consultants when they wrote the episode to ensure feasibility.

Having now watched Misdirection again and listened to the podcast, I feel I did it a bit of a disservice earlier. It's much better than I thought on first viewing.
Fascinating listening to the editor on the podcast as well. Listening to his process was a real insight into film editing.

I didn't spot the hare last week but I did spot it in this week's :thumbs:

Great one last night. This and Love's great adventure have been my favourites so far. They're at their very best when they play it totally straight. They're touching new heights here, imo. And Steve Pemberton in particular is an amazing actor.

Bit too much exposition to explain everything, but the main part was marvellously done and quite gripping. Still top stuff.

Bit too much exposition to explain everything, but the main part was marvellously done and quite gripping. Still top stuff.
That's got me thinking. Could it still have worked without the explanations? Maybe. It's hard in half an hour.

It did sound a little like a psychiatrist's report, tbf. But you can get around that by saying that she's finally working out what has happened to her, sparked by seeing her dad again. I think I can forgive it.

Back
Top Bottom