Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Inside No 9......

After this thread I watched the first two from series one. Gave up half way through episode 3. Are other series better? Are there particular episodes that stand out? I like the premise, and it does seem fairly solid, if a bit slow (but that's the style I know). . . just not quite doing it for me as of yet.
The first 2 were some of the best things I've ever seen on TV! What's wrong with you man? :(

The are morphing ever closer to Tales of the Unexpected for those old enough to remember those creepy Roald Dahl inspired vignettes. IMO they (and the rest of the League of Gentleman crew) can do no wrong.

Steve Pemberton is, i think, a very fine actor. Reece is good too, but Steve is a real class act.

The Silent one in S1, and the Hotel and the Removal Day episodes in S4 are my top three. This week’s was dark as fuck though,

yeh my least favourite. just too uncomfortable. not enough light in with the darkness.

I enjoyed the episode, although it lacked the film noir of their usual stuff.
Yes, I was saying much the same to my better half yesterday. Must be the ‘happiest’ episode in the entire series (not counting S3 which I haven’t seen yet). No deaths, no injuries, no seriously fucked up or sad scenarios. Not the most memorable, but it compensated by a very good cast.

The fact that they get churning up such diverse high quality material from one episode to the next is remarkable. I can’t believe I only discovered this series last week. Can’t wait for S3 to become available on Netflix or iPlayer.

I agree the last episode was scarier but not as dark. The basement one was just too tense and dark all the way through. RE the last one, I thought it was clever how they made a small council flat a scary environment by use of low light and piles of belongings everywhere making it feel claustrophic and entrapping.

It was dark, but you don't think the one about the sex slave locked in the basement was way darker?

Back
Top Bottom