Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Inside No 9......

gordon ramsey got a bit of my time but I turned back in time.

sucks teeth.......not all that really. Apart from masterfully breaking twitter live tweeting from a show inside a show :D

I was fooled at first but just left it on anyway. Really realised there was something up when the music started going strange on A Quiet Night In.

Were they really live tweeting??

I was fooled when the sound first went and as I watch on my laptop, I rewound it a bit as I thought it was the laptop :D

I was half fooled but I think i left it on as I suspected it was a ruse as that sort of thing just doesn't happen these days.

gordon ramsey got a bit of my time but I turned back in time.

sucks teeth.......not all that really. Apart from masterfully breaking twitter live tweeting from a show inside a show :D

I think what was lost on me was the "Ghost watch" link. Never seen it, never hear of it. No idea WTF I was doing at the time.

goes away and googles dates.....................................At university, without TV, dancing on speakers off my bonce:D:D:D

Watched our recording of it this afternoon. As it was a recording, I obviously just paused it, played with all my remotes, fast forwarded to check sound came back and just went from there. I was suspicious of the first break but not sure either way. By the second one and the cueing up of A Quiet Night In I was fairly sure it was all part of the plan, but not wholly convinced. The fact that I managed to resist googling to check stands as one of my proudest achievements.

After that, the next fifteen minutes were fairly so-so, I thought. I'm sure it worked better live, but it just didn't grip me. Fortunately I was paying enough attentin to see what Stephanie Cole was doing, and the last five minutes ro say were great again.

It's funny, a friend of mine was saying she rewatched Ghostwatch recently and I was wondering if anyone would ever do a live thing like that ever again. Really well done, this.

I was *this close* to turning over when the rerun came on.
Ghostwatch wasn’t actually done live though, it was shot and edited weeks before it screened.

I'm wondering the same thing about this. Apart from the Tweeting bit, it could've all been pre-recorded. Much easier to do it that way and wouldn't ruin the charade.
There have been a few shows which geniunely had stunt episode done live, including this. With Ghostwatch the supposed live broadcast was its premise, like the found footage aspect of the later The Blair Witch Project. The BBC immediately admitted it was a prerecorded drama when the whole thing blew up in their face. It was screened as part of their Screen One drama strand and even at the time of its broadcast, it should have been clear that it wasn’t really transmitted live.

I am so sorry we missed this. Forgot it was on. Will catch it in in player even though I've read about it.

Mr. QofG's and my best mate, both big horror fans, saw "Ghostwatch" at a Fortean Times convention a few years ago and I have never seen two people coming out of a screening more scared :D

It fooled me and I was watching on the iplayer tonight!
I really enjoyed it :cool:
Same kittyP ! In fact, I put up a post on FB asking about it, then had a vague feeling something wasn't quite right, so took it down again. When we were watching it and the break came, I thought it was a bit odd, the voice and that. I had a peep at this thread, saw one post that made me think it was worth watching again, so we did last night. Fucking quality. Takes massive bollocks to risk losing your audience like that!

I re-watched the shoe one the other day and now it looks to me like they chickened out with the ending.

It would have made more narrative sense if he had killed his daughter in the end, in order to re-unite her with her twin. But it implies he just murdered Mat Baynton instead. I suppose child-killing would have been a bridge too far even for them.

We watched it a couple of nights ago.

Really, really good. Well the bits I saw from behind my hands :oops::oops:.

It's such a brilliant, innovative programme. Hope they'll be a new series.

Back
Top Bottom