Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Inside No 9......

Great one last night. This and Love's great adventure have been my favourites so far. They're at their very best when they play it totally straight. They're touching new heights here, imo. And Steve Pemberton in particular is an amazing actor.

It can't be said too many times I think. I realised I've missed loads of episodes so went on a binge and the "Twelve Days of Christine" in particular is brilliant.

According to the podcast the Pyschiatrist is another personality, apparently there is often one trying to hold the balance.

Multiple personalitys is lazy + I'm not a fan of the overused Maxine Peake = This weeks episode wasn't great.

Multiple personalitys is lazy + I'm not a fan of the overused Maxine Peake = This weeks episode wasn't great.
How can you not be a fan of Maxine Peake? She's an amazing actor. Absolutely riveting to watch and totally inhabits her character. The people they are getting for this series is a testament to their talent. Phil Davies....David Morrissey...Ralph Little... I watched an old one the other day and there was Conleth Hill - a million years before Game of Thrones.

I know I gush about this series regularly but once again, I didn't know where it was going. How do they do that? It's so good.

It can't be said too many times I think. I realised I've missed loads of episodes so went on a binge and the "Twelve Days of Christine" in particular is brilliant.

According to the podcast the Pyschiatrist is another personality, apparently there is often one trying to hold the balance.
The Twelve Days of Christine is an extraordinary piece of work. And Sheridan Smith. Who is also brilliant.

I'm going to watch The Trial of Elizabeth Gadge now and chuckle endlessly to the gag that waits so long for the pay off....Goodie Twoshoes :D and of course, the inquisitors being called Warren and Clarke which I am certain is all about Warren Clarke...or Inspector Dalziel as you might know him.

How can you not be a fan of Maxine Peake? She's an amazing actor.

She just gets everywhere, anyone would think there are no other females who can act who have a northern accent. Dame Maxine my friend calls her.

I disagree about being a great actor, she's been in a few good things, (The Street, Red Riding) but I'm struggling to think of a memorable performance...Myra Hindley maybe. Way more shit than good stuff I reckon.

According to the actual episode too!

She just gets everywhere, anyone would think there are no other females who can act who have a northern accent. Dame Maxine my friend calls her.

I disagree about being a great actor, she's been in a few good things, (The Street, Red Riding) but I'm struggling to think of a memorable performance...Myra Hindley maybe. Way more shit than good stuff I reckon.
dinner ladies, early doors, shameless (when it was still good), see no evil, devils whore, red riding, the street, three girls, anne lister, midsummer nights dream, hamlet, funny cow. To name but a few.

dinner ladies, early doors, shameless (when it was still good), see no evil, devils whore, red riding, the street, three girls, anne lister, midsummer nights dream, hamlet, funny cow. To name but a few.
Funny Cow is a much better film than I thought it would be.

Funny Cow is a much better film than I thought it would be.
Hmm. I think she's brilliant in it. It's a brave film in a way as it doesn't try to make you like any of the characters in it, including her, and it presents the unquestioned racism/homophobia straight, with no apology, no external view other than ours. But it's that odd thing, a film about comedy that is not funny. I kind of admired more than liked it as a film.

We should also mention her live performances of Shelley's Masque of Anarchy too - a massive feat.

Not sure why Part 2 has such a downer on her - I thinks she's fucking amazing, and I'm also really pleased she's gotten so many roles. 'Overused' - huh. You're not allowed to be good at anything if a) you're Northern and b) you're a woman.

Wife's been watching this with Chinese subs, quite hard to catch all the subtleties as you might imagine.

We should also mention her live performances of Shelley's Masque of Anarchy too - a massive feat.

Not sure why Part 2 has such a downer on her - I thinks she's fucking amazing, and I'm also really pleased she's gotten so many roles. 'Overused' - huh. You're not allowed to be good at anything if a) you're Northern and b) you're a woman.
I should have mentioned Masque, you're quite right. She was also brilliant as Hamlet.

Looking over her screenography, she was in a lot in 2008-9, but hasn't been since.

I certainly didn't see the twist. The dialogue was so good and I loved the way they got the classic urban legend in of being in a car and hearing a massive bang on the roof. Superb as always!

Last in the series and The Stakeout is another brilliant episode. I bet no one saw that twist coming
The Stakeout

I got to be all smug because of the mention of
"Varney the vegan"
so spent the rest of the episode enjoying all the little hints. It was much more intimate than previous series finales, which Iiked.

I got to be all smug because of the mention of
"Varney the vegan"
so spent the rest of the episode enjoying all the little hints. It was much more intimate than previous series finales, which Iiked.
That went totally over my head! Must watch again!

Back
Top Bottom