Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

India vs England Test series

Santino

lovelier than lovely
Yadda yadda high security terrorist threat change of venue England 229 for 5, Swann in for Broad, good century for Strauss, shocked of a decision for Colly.

Shah should be playing. In place of Bell or Collingwood. Don't care which as I don't really rate either, but Collingwood has made more tough runs over the years so Bell should have gone.

Shah should be playing. In place of Bell or Collingwood. Don't care which as I don't really rate either, but Collingwood has made more tough runs over the years so Bell should have gone.
Bell's not right for 3 and wasted at 5 or 6. Shah at 3? In the long term I expect to see Bopara try to stake a claim there.

Bell's not right anywhere. It's been said before, but he mostly makes runs when others make runs too. Collingwood, for all his lack of real talent, buckles down in a hard situation. I'd pick Shah ahead of either in either position. A really good batsman can play anywhere in the order.

If England think No3 is a problem position, their star batsman and captain should fill it, as Ponting does for Australia.

Jesus. Swann first player ever to take 2 wickets in his first test over. One of which was Dravid.

Once again we see that calling up a Nottinghamshire bowler to the test side is always a good move. A pleasant surprise to see some cunning captaincy from the boy wonder keeping us firmly in the match.

Sajid Mahmood took three wickets in his first four test overs. I don't know what that has to do with anything but it's nice to actually remember a bit of cricket trivia for once.

Why are England so poor in one days yet they seem pretty effective in tests? India are one hell of a decent test playing nation. Ok Strauss' sudden re-emergence as a test batsman has a huge bearing on the current state of the match, but Enlands bowlers seemed to have the Indians under the cosh.

Don't really give a fuck about ODIs tbh, not that that answers your question.

Eng 250 ahead with 7 wickets remaining, a lead of 300+ here should be on the cards, enough to force a win barring a Tendulkar miracle :hmm:

Shah for Bell next Test please KP.

Why are England so poor in one days yet they seem pretty effective in tests? India are one hell of a decent test playing nation. Ok Strauss' sudden re-emergence as a test batsman has a huge bearing on the current state of the match, but Enlands bowlers seemed to have the Indians under the cosh.

Well, when you say effective in tests, you seem to mean that we beat SA in a dead rubber and have played well for 3 day of this match! Before that we were 'hopeless in tests, Vaughan has to go etc etc' :D

That said, I'm impressed with what we've done so far, but suprised how poor India have been. I would fear a last innings wag from India's batsman, I don't think we'll skittle them quite so easily again....

To be fair though if Smith had been given out correctly as he should have been, we would have gone on to win the Test and IMO the series.

But that's cricket.

We need to get bowled out to make a game of it can't see KP declaring unless we're massively ahead.

India need a carrot.

Sehwag! Fuckinel. Set it up beautifully for tonight.

Still have us favourites, Dravid and Yuvraj walking wickets at the mo, but this is England and if anyone can fuck it up we can.

Back
Top Bottom