Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I million workers come to UK: defacto open borders?

ViolentPanda said:
You should check in your own underwear, as you seem to be the only person irritated.

Spineless twat. You didn't even defend your pall when he was banned.

becky p said:
:rolleyes:
So you assume that baldwin meant the shit coming out of ninos arse!:D
Interesting.

Shit is meant to come from one's arse. In baldwin's (and your) case it seems to come from his (your) brain. :p

Knotted said:
Spineless twat. You didn't even defend your pall when he was banned.

He's big enough and ugly enough not to need me to defend him.

As for "spineless twat", you think your (unsurprisingly incorrect) opinion of me means anything? Think again. :)

I'm surprised that someone like yourself, who obviously has such easily offended sensibilities, would use a word like "twat", though.

I suspect this indicates that your original offendedness was a pose, a posture that enabled you to whine about another poster. You do strike me as the type of pussilanimous poster who'd do that sort of thing. :)

ViolentPanda said:

As for "spineless twat", you think your (unsurprisingly incorrect) opinion of me means anything? Think again. :)

I'm surprised that someone like yourself, who obviously has such easily offended sensibilities, would use a word like "twat", though.

I suspect this indicates that your original offendedness was a pose, a posture that enabled you to whine about another poster. You do strike me as the type of pussilanimous poster who'd do that sort of thing. :)

He's so easily offended but is quite handy at dishing out insults. Funny how he's embraced a fool like baldwin...considering that he comes across as being so articulate.

Here's something that our anti-immigrationist friends will like. It's an article that claims that 500 Britons are emigrating each day!

The most recent statistics show that 380,000 people emigrated from Britain for a year or more, of whom over half were British citizens.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070420/tuk-lifestyle-britain-a7ad41d.html

Popular destinations include Australia, Spain and France. I would imagine quite a few head for the US and Canada too.

The original article comes from Agence France Presse btw.

nino_savatte said:
Innit? I'm sure it won't be long before baldwin and/or durutti start another immigration thread. :D

ironical then, donut, it was you who started the latest migration thread ..

cos as maybe you have just sussed on it is a major social/political issue ..

p.s. i do not think it good so many people leaving .. yet again means communities, AND thus any POWER in those communities to resist capital , is lost

nino_savatte said:
Popular destinations include Australia,

Interesting that, as a friend of mine has just emigrated from the UK to Australia and got married to his girlfriend (an Aussie citizen originally from Canada) on the beach in Sydney this Easter.

Now, he was worried about his immigration status. Having spoken to a solicitor, they have told him that as his girlfriend is an Australian citizen the authorities would be abusing her human rights if they didn't allow her to live with the person she loves.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Howard. :p

The sad thing is that is another friend who has decided to up sticks from the UK and settle elsewhere in the world. :(

However, on a positive note, I can now get free bed and lodgings for a holiday in both Australia and Spain. Whoopee! :D I might not come back either. ;)

ViolentPanda said:

Well I might be overestimating your spinelessness but in that case I'm overestimating your intelligence.

The one thing nino is not is big and ugly. He's a little lost inadequate who follows you around like a lamb. I'm not offended by what he said, I'm never offended. On a board like this, if you call someone racist and you mean it, then you are looking for a fight. A real fight. Obviously nino is just flinging the word around for effect. But you could have said something to him. It needn't have affected your games with baldwin.

nino_savatte said:
He's so easily offended but is quite handy at dishing out insults. Funny how he's embraced a fool like baldwin...considering that he comes across as being so articulate.

Even your compliments betray your middle class prejudices.

ETA: This is probably wrong. Although it certainly looks like middle class prejudice there is a good deal of 'follow the Panda'. See below.

If Panda doesn't believe me:

ViolentPanda said:
IMO there are plenty of posters who are pro-borders, some of whom articulate a well-reasoned (though perhaps rather instrumental) argument for their position. There are others who don't, and the problem with not being able to reasonably articulate why you hold a particular position is that it leaves you open to people thinking that you hold that position because of ignorance.

nino_savatte said:

See how nino has taken your casual insult and turned it into an all encompassing attitude. Surely you are not so libertarian as to feel no responsibility.

Knotted said:
Well I might be overestimating your spinelessness but in that case I'm overestimating your intelligence.
Wow, is that supposed to be a cutting quip?
If so it has about the same sharpness as a butter knife. :)
The one thing nino is not is big and ugly...
Ever met him?
Having had the misfortune to gaze upon his hideous visage I can confirm that he is big and ugly (though not as big and ugly as me), and that his bare legs are one of the most horrendous sights in Christendom (and probably beyond, too).
Ther are plenty of Urbanites who can confirm his repulsiveness, if you ask around.
He's a little lost inadequate who follows you around like a lamb.
You keep harping on about projection, don't you...hmmmm.
I'm not offended by what he said, I'm never offended. On a board like this, if you call someone racist and you mean it, then you are looking for a fight. A real fight.
No, of course you're not offended.
You're merely looking at your feet, mired in a morass of your own bullshit, and ltrying to get yourself a piece of that moral high ground, so that you don't get trench foot. :)
Obviously nino is just flinging the word around for effect. But you could have said something to him. It needn't have affected your games with baldwin.
It's about respect, knotted, something I fear you have difficulty comprehending. I respect quite a few posters (ones with similar ideologies to mine as well as ones with opposing ideologies) enough that I don't feel the need to "ride to the rescue" if they're having a hard time with an arsehole.

I realise that's a hard concept for you to understand, but there it is.

Just to clarify: I don't chuck the word "racist around for effect". I say what I mean and I'm afraid that the evidence suggests that a great deal of racism and xenophobia is at the root of the anti-immigration discourse.

Perhaps, durutti and his mates will agree with the recent (and rather biased) Civitas report.
http://www.socialcohesion.co.uk/blog/2007/04/hmg_wakes_up_too_late_to_the_d.html

Civitas used to be part of the IEA, so it's perhaps unsurprising that it comes out with the statements that it does. Ruth Lea is on the Policy Board. Nuff said.

MC5 said:
Interesting that, as a friend of mine has just emigrated from the UK to Australia and got married to his girlfriend (an Aussie citizen originally from Canada) on the beach in Sydney this Easter.

Now, he was worried about his immigration status. Having spoken to a solicitor, they have told him that as his girlfriend is an Australian citizen the authorities would be abusing her human rights if they didn't allow her to live with the person she loves.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Howard.

The sad thing is that is another friend who has decided to up sticks from the UK and settle elsewhere in the world.

However, on a positive note, I can now get free bed and lodgings for a holiday in both Australia and Spain. Whoopee! :D I might not come back either.

Aye, things don't seem to be getting better (as promised by Blair through his use of that dreadful D:Ream song), they seem to be getting worse. No wonder people are leaving in their numbers for other countries. :( :mad:

Knotted said:
If Panda doesn't believe me:

See how nino has taken your casual insult and turned it into an all encompassing attitude. Surely you are not so libertarian as to feel no responsibility.

Surely you're not such a prick that you believe I'm going to bite on your decontextualised dreck?

ViolentPanda said:
Wow, is that supposed to be a cutting quip?
If so it has about the same sharpness as a butter knife. :)

I'll expand for you. The fact that your reasoning skills are excellent makes me overestimate your ability to judge peoples' characters and intentions. You're really quite poor at the latter.

nino_savatte said:
Aye, things don't seem to be getting better (as promised by Blair through his use of that dreadful D:Ream song), they seem to be getting worse. No wonder people are leaving in their numbers for other countries. :( :mad:

Are you based in the UK nino?

Knotted said:
I'll expand for you. The fact that your reasoning skills are excellent makes me overestimate your ability to judge peoples' characters and intentions. You're really quite poor at the latter.

Anyone anile enough to base a conclusion on the limited sample you'll have been able to garner, will generally have drawn a conclusion that is not "worth the paper it is written on".

I'll simplify that for you: Grow up, and try a bit (quite a bit) harder. :)

ViolentPanda said:
Anyone anile enough to base a conclusion on the limited sample you'll have been able to garner, will generally have drawn a conclusion that is not "worth the paper it is written on".

What makes you think that's the only sample I have? I'm not going to trawl the archives, though if that's what you want. And don't try to debate stats with me. You'll loose.

ViolentPanda said:
I'll simplify that for you: Grow up, and try a bit (quite a bit) harder. :)

I thought you wanted me to play with strawmen. :D

Knotted said:
What makes you think that's the only sample I have?
What makes you think that I implied that, because I didn't, did I? I merely stated that you'd have a limited sample. :)
I'm not going to trawl the archives, though if that's what you want.
I don't want you to do anything.
And don't try to debate stats with me. You'll loose.
Loose what, an arrow from my bow, a sharp word from my tongue?
I thought you wanted me to play with strawmen. :D
I'd prefer you to continue playing with yourself, you seem to be enjoying it so much. :p

Back
Top Bottom