Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hundreds of women assaulted in German NYE celebrations

Last edited:
4470.jpg

briebart and RT .

Ah right- because you don't like those organizations Taharrush doesn't exist. Leave it a couple days then, when the phenomena gets picked up by other media then you can suddenly consider it part of reality. Until then the attacks against women in Tahrir Square in 2011 being referred to as Taharrush gamea is outside of history.

This isn't about RT and Briebart ffs.

The NYE linkage seems kind of tenuous at the moment. The rest of it seems pretty clear though (given it stands up, but I suspect that even the Mail wouldn't make up the bits they're not using weasel words for)

Last edited:
If there really are active ISIS supporters willing to take part in terrorist attacks amongst the rapists... wow. This is even worse than I thought.

There's no confirmation that this guy was in Cologne on new years 2016 or that he had any substantial ties to isis according to that article m8

gangmasters (liscensed and 'above board' or not) being the actual scum of the earth, below even a bailiff, it was bound to happen.
Complete aside, but it still boggles my mind that there is such a thing as licensed gangmasters I mean there called gangmasters for fucks sake. It like having the job title, nasty vicious exploitative bastard.

Complete aside, but it still boggles my mind that there is such a thing as licensed gangmasters I mean there called gangmasters for fucks sake. It like having the job title, nasty vicious exploitative bastard.
In a sane world the word landlord would be treated with the same instinctive revulsion by all right thinking people

Ah right- because you don't like those organizations Taharrush doesn't exist. Leave it a couple days then, when the phenomena gets picked up by other media then you can suddenly consider it part of reality. Until then the attacks against women in Tahrir Square in 2011 being referred to as Taharrush gamea is outside of history.

This isn't about RT and Briebart ffs.

use shit sources and your argument is devalued.you know this

I don't actually consider RT shit, besides if people can link to Daily Fail stories RT should certainly be acceptable as link. In any case looking into this Arabic term for mass sexual assault resulted in those two articles, I don't get your angle in trying to disparage the sites in this case... the term isn't a 'conspiracy theory', it's simply a term.

There's no confirmation that this guy was in Cologne on new years 2016 or that he had any substantial ties to isis according to that article m8

Or indeed any but the most tenuous connection with the criminal gangs in question, although clearly it could emerge that he did, given that he seems to have been of the right age, of dubious immigration status and living in an asylum seeker's hostel.

Is it just me though or does this guy read 'Walt' rather than 'Highly trained ISIS undercover operative'?

I posted about this earlier. It's another example of the far-right breaking a story covered up by the police and media. How many more are there?

I posted about this earlier. It's another example of the far-right breaking a story covered up by the police and media. How many more are there?

It's also interesting that the far-right social media machine is getting slick and powerful enough to drive the news agenda IMO

It's also interesting that the far-right social media propaganda is getting slick and powerful enough to drive the news agenda IMO

Well the alternative seemingly is the mainstream media covering up mass rape and sexual assault which is no alternative. I am not happy with the increased legitimacy that websites like Breitbart and their Swedish equivalent are getting from this but I am far less concerned with that than I am these cover ups.

The BBC is saying that the word Taharrush was used in a report produced today by the Cologne authorities.
It says:

"Monday's report into the attacks in Cologne says that the combination of group sexual violence with robbery had not previously been seen in Germany. It notes that similar crimes took place in other parts of Germany on 31 December, including in Hamburg.
The report describes a modus operandi known as "taharrush gamea" in Arabic, meaning group sexual harassment in crowds, and compares it to incidents reported in Cairo's Tahrir Square at the time of the Egyptian revolution.
A joint federal and state working group has been set up to examine the phenomenon and how to combat it."

it's meaningful because it's illustrative of the fact that when necessary, Germany was previously able to assimilate (quite successfully) millions of Jews fleeing Tsarist pogroms in the 1870s and again in the 1890s, regardless of the fact of the Jews being of an "alien" religion, and many of them not speaking Yiddish - which would have enabled them to understand and be understood in German - the same tropes that are deployed against the current immigrants.

I still really struggle to see how that is relevant at all.

Do the Jews from the East in the late 19th century in any way correspond to the flight from the Middle East of Syrians and so on here and now, even allowing for cultural differences?

And that is even allowing for the idea that one region, or even two regions and cultures have remained monolithically and essentially the same in close on 150 years...

It's a manifestly rubbish argument.

Just to reiterate - my Muslim female friends, to be honest to my surprise, are not that surprised by this sort of behaviour at all.

Just to reiterate - my Muslim female friends, to be honest to my surprise, are not that surprised by this sort of behaviour at all.

I observed with interest the complete silence your earlier post got.
Had you not prefaced it with 'this is what my Muslim female friends said" you'd have had all sorts of hell to pay but as it is, just silence.

Taharrusjh is not a word made up by right wing loon websites for goodness sake, for instance. Women in Egypt have known it for a long time:
http://harassmap.org/en/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Reconceptualizing-Sexual-Harassment-in-Egypt.pdf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom