Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How many times have you been tested for Coronavirus?

How many COVID tests have you taken?

• One

Votes: 34 21.7%
  • 2-3

Votes: 24 15.3%
  • 4-5

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • Lots of times because I have to for work/am massive hypochondriac

Votes: 31 19.7%
  • Zero (oops)

Votes: 55 35.0%

• Total voters

Cloo

Approved by toads
I guess for simplicity I'll say the standard one, not a quick lateral flow...

Did one in mid May when I was invited to after reporting what I knew was hayfever symptoms, but figured I'd take it as test centres weren't busy and I knew they needed negatives for data as well (I'm on the Zoe monitoring app)

One in late October after a few days of feeling a bit hot and sweaty - of course I felt fine the day after I took it, and after isolating for nearly days it was negative

Could be another third one tomorrow if I still feel iffy then - annoyingly I do get periods of overheating (hormonal?) so it can be hard to tell, also have a headache and wooziness today, but might just be from sleeping badly last night. Ugh.

Only once. Couldn't get as test when I actually had it (so I guess I'm unconfirmed). Did a test about three weeks ago which was (as expected) negative.

Twice - once because a family member was positive and once because the Zoe app asked me to. Both negative.

Thrice, on all occasions I was feeling rotten one morning with at least one symptom, booked test, then felt better by time I drove to test centre.

All negative. And all taken at different test centres

The poll options are a bit shitty so haven’t voted.

I’ve had 6 tests (plus lateral flow for work) but because I’ve had symptoms several times. I’m not aware that makes me a massive hypochondriac but I am constantly exposed to people so am careful.

Zoe has suggested it once or twice when I just said 'nah', as suggestion to test arrived next day by which time I felt fine.

Three. One when I had a really mad cough early on in the pandemic and assumed it was definitely covid. That was negative. One when I had a cold and Zoe told me to that was negative. Last one when I had what I thought was another cold (no fever, no loss of taste or cough but cold chills and fatigue) which again, Zoe told me to do that then came back positive. After the positive test I developed symptoms (taste went haywire) and the Mrs was really ill for a week.

At least twelve up to this point. No poll option suitable as Clinically Immuno-Compromised. Have to be tested pre-treatment.
Though, thankfully have had first Pfizer Covid inoculation.

20 times:

4 pin prick rapid blood tests
10 PCR
6 serological antibody tests

pretty much all for work...I had Covid in September, but I have to test pretty much for every ship I go on.

I think it's five, might be six, local government organised mass NAT during our recent lockdown as there was a case in the village.

1 - but it was an antibody finger-prick test, as part of a study back in the summer.

My sister gets one a few days before each chemotherapy treatment so she must have had loads- so far all negative despite twice weekly trips to hospital on the bus (once for the blood / covid tests & once for chemo), goes out for groceries & a newspaper every few days, shared bathrooms & kitchen facilities at her digs... I suspect she's pretty careful though.

Back
Top Bottom