Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How do you have your kebab?

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
R.I.P.
perfect-kebab.jpg

Do you normally grab a takeaway, get it delivered, eat in a restaurant or prefer to cook your own?

Chicken, lamb or vegetarian usually? Donner, Shish, Kofte, mixed or something else?

Chilli, garlic or no sauce at all? Some other sauce? Lettuce? Cabbage? Tomato? Chillies? The whole lot??

Pitta, wrap or other flatbread? Maybe chips or rice?

Mopey vegetarian houmous option, always takeaway. Always seemed runnier, your kebab shop houmous. Watered down but still tasty.

Chicken shish or lamb kofte for me. I still like a donner but they can be so hit and miss I tend to avoid them.

Plenty of salad, a couple of those big chillis, garlic mayo or minted yogurt if they do it. In a pitta but happy to have a naan if that's how the van or shop does it. Plenty of serviettes though because they are always messy things to eat.

I always eat mine on a plate.
Rip up the pitta and use it to scoop up the kebab like a chapati.
Use a knife and fork for the rest

Oooohhh.....listen to Mr Civilised!!!

Mrs S hates the smell so I'm barred from having them at home so it's always when I'm in a hotel with work or on a park bench after a skinful in the pub :thumbs:

One of the things I miss about Manchester was the tendency to use freshly baked naan/flat bread. In EDI it's pitta bread or gtfo, unfortunately.

Unless you get a munchy box. And even then it depends on the outlet.

Edit:. But I'll have. A large Donner with everything on it. Unless I'm in Manc, in which case I make a point of going to atlas and get a chicken shawarma with salad, humous and chilli.

I love a lamb shish. There's a nice charcoal grill place near my flat so I go in there for a sit down. I have it with rice, bulgar wheat, salad, yoghurt... back home I'd have it in a pitta with all salad and chilli and garlic sauce.

There's a place in town that does an amazing donner so I go there sometimes before the cinema. Back home, I love donner meat and chips with chilli and garlic. FIT AS FUCK :thumbs:

One of the things I miss about Manchester was the tendency to use freshly baked naan/flat bread. In EDI it's pitta bread or gtfo, unfortunately.

Unless you get a munchy box. And even then it depends on the outlet.

Edit:. But I'll have. A large Donner with everything on it. Unless I'm in Manc, in which case I make a point of going to atlas and get a chicken shawarma with salad, humous and chilli.
I have a very low opinion of takeaways in Edinburgh. I may just have been unlucky but I've been frequently and consistently unlucky over a period of decades.

Back
Top Bottom