Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Jarvis tonight. Sounds like he could be going to give us a bleeding lecture halfway through! And, maybe, giving us a selection of other peoples' rough trade stuff, which'd be nice

Make sure you get there early for Jeffrey Lewis!

balls! I'd completely forgotten who Jeffrey Lewis was, decided I didn't care, and arranged to get there for half eight/nine. I've just remembered who he is, and may need to get down for half seven....feck

Is that Tunng playing with Tinariwen, or supporting them? Sounds interesting.

I'm playing at the excellent What's Cookin club in Leytonstone this Saturday if anyone is in need of a country/ bluegrass fix. :cool:

Londoners of a motorik/kosmische persuasion: go and see Damo Suzuki (ex-Can) & Kawabata Makoto (AMT) today (Sunday 7th).

I suppose it depends partly on which local musicians are collaborating with them on any given night, but I've just seen them tonight and they were rather fantastic.

:)

belated post: manhattan love suicides and the pains of being pure at heart at the cockpit tonight in leeds....
absolutely *brilliant* indiepopjoy.

i danced/jumped about for the first time in over a year :cool:

TPOBPAH are doing the old blue last on the 16th (tindersticks nite) and the Forum on the 18th w/ the wedding present.; they're both playing The Lexington on the 17th, w/ My Sad Captains & Horowitz,

for anyone that's interested, like.

Went to see Alabama 3 on Friday night - storming, as per, but no D Wayne!! :eek:

A few songs in, and Larry tells us that he's still on a train. A few more songs in, and Larry informs us that actually, he didn't even get ON the train! Didn't seem best pleased! Still, they were brilliant, and Devlin has a new member to her fan club - my mate had to roll his tongue back in several times :D

belated post: manhattan love suicides and the pains of being pure at heart at the cockpit tonight in leeds....
absolutely *brilliant* indiepopjoy.

i danced/jumped about for the first time in over a year :cool:

TPOBPAH are doing the old blue last on the 16th (tindersticks nite) and the Forum on the 18th w/ the wedding present.; they're both playing The Lexington on the 17th, w/ My Sad Captains & Horowitz,

for anyone that's interested, like.

I am going to see them on the 17th. For those that dont know TPOBPAH go here

http://www.mediafire.com/?tjstjdp8kct download, play about 8 times, sit yourself down and go wow.

Can't wait for Metallica to play manchester MEN on 26th Feb :)
Heard they're doing a central stage (rather than at one end of the arena) so thats something I haven't been to before.
They kicked ass big time at Wembley last year so a think expectation is higher than ever. They won't disappoint - they never do :cool:

Not got tickets as yet but planning on seeing Robyn Hitchcock and Emalilana Torrini at the Glee Club in B'ham in Feb and March.

Also checked if Tuung and Tinariwen are playing local and they are at the Rainbow Warehouse in B'ham on March 28th so will be aiming for that too.

Back
Top Bottom