Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

We wanted to go and see John Cooper Clarke at the St Helens Citadel in May, but I'd already promised me dad I'd drive him to Willie Nelson and back in Manc that night :(:(

We wanted to go and see John Cooper Clarke at the St Helens Citadel in May, but I'd already promised me dad I'd drive him to Willie Nelson and back in Manc that night :(:(

You're better off with Willie but I suppose these days his shows are getting more and more relaxed but he does remain one of the greatest songwriters of all time

watch this from 1972: www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3DxVVfTifg

but more recently he's become like this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jfBxfltYD0

Twisted - i'm toying with the Weakerthans at the Scala, but what's the odds they'll play Plea From A Cat.. ?

Twisted - i'm toying with the Weakerthans at the Scala, but what's the odds they'll play Plea From A Cat.. ?

Dunno. I didn't go see them on their last tour as the London and Kingston dates clashed with work. I keep trying to get JS to do a solo gig in SW2 and if that ever comes off he's be contracturally obliged to do it.

Meanwhile I'd spam them with requests from every email account you possess. They'd be fools not to do one of the best songs ever written by anyone ever!

You're better off with Willie but I suppose these days his shows are getting more and more relaxed but he does remain one of the greatest songwriters of all time

watch this from 1972: www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3DxVVfTifg

but more recently he's become like this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jfBxfltYD0

I haven't got a ticket for Willie - I couldn't afford one - just got me dad one for his birthday (and one for me mum) :( I'm just being chauffeur for the night as part of me dad's birthday pressie

I've blagged some tickets for Girls Aloud in Bournemouth, which will be my first gig in about a year (not including Dirty DC at Easter) :oops:

^^I'm going to see A3 on Tuesday and looking forward to it to. It's been ages since I have been out and tink I may have forgotten how to dance!

Even though it's now late April this is my 1st gig of the year...:oops:

I had a fab time last night...most certainly have not forgotten how to dance! :D

dilemmas, dilemmas....just been offered a freebie to see Broken Social Scene at the Leadmill, but it's on the same night as the Champions League final! What to do, what to do.....

I suppose if Chelski win tonight I won't be that arsed about the match.

Going to see them at Brixton Academy tonight with Misty In Roots :cool:

also, got tickets for this:
link.cfm

link.cfm

Sebadoh tomorrow! And Times New Viking next week, I think Les Savy Fav are on tour here at the moment as well.

bastard fucking useless sheffield people! First the mekons get cancelled for not selling enough, and now the Black Lips do too :( Why do I live in this damned city!

the guana batz are playing in camden at the end of june, might pop along to that. they were wicked last time i saw them :cool:

oooh and i've just seen that the bonneville barons and jack rabbit slim are playing at dingwalls at the end of august. a long way off but worth waiting for i reckons :cool:

My upcoming gigs in London town...

ween
thao and the get down stay down
man man
black lips
blitzen trapper
sunset rubdown
public enemy/dr octagon/anti-pop consortium/edan
the dodos
stephen malkmus and the jicks
skeletons & the kings of all cities
rival schools
black kids
radiohead
magnetic fields
amanda palmer (of the dresden dolls)

:cool:

Mine for this year thus far:
Bjork
Nick Cave
Leonard Cohen
Alabama 3 et al at the Academy
Monster Magnet

I think that's it!
icon14.gif

Gallows/Cancer Bats/Ghost of a Thousand at the Underworld on Monday.

Launch party for Franks clothing label, Diamond Skulls. Pretty shit hot line-up and I haven't been to a punk gig in time, so quite excited about this one.

Back
Top Bottom